FI for your C body

anyone running FI on their big block? If so give us some insight.
Gonna start driving mine two weeks from now. I'll post my thoughts when I do.
20171109_123942.jpg

anyone running FI on their big block? If so give us some insight.

Hemmings did an article on this some time ago, the original post is expired on their website. It does still come up on a google search under "multi port fuel injection retrofit systems for 440 Mopar"

Do no know any one who has tried it for street use.

Dave

Last edited:
I got Fitech on my smallblock. Good system but can be a little finicky to set up. If id buy again it would probably be the holley product.

I don't have any updates on driving EFI, but here is the 493's first run time with the FI-Tech.
The EFI hasn't self tuned yet as the engine needs to reach 130 degrees to start trying.

Last edited:
Holley Sniper using the RobbMC Powersurge. Easy install, follow the directions to the letter and they’ll be no issues. Make sure you have a clean tach signal from somewhere. Beat on mine fore the summer driving it daily. Love it.

525C6164-FC9D-4DCC-AE86-078CD308F46A.jpeg
1B3975BD-4F29-4388-9EC2-E1F4DBAB5CB9.jpeg
63944CFC-7F95-4854-AF56-355109F0C492.jpeg

Consistently high 15s. I really need to play with fuel map more but I’m super happy with it.

Oh yea it’s mixed for sure. Also it’s hard to keep you foot out of it, the sounds is killer!

That's what I need to know. fuel pump mounts inside or outside.

It depends on which way you go. You can see the RobbMC unit in my third pic in front of the passenger wheel well. No one makes an efi tank for C bodies. I went with the surge tank to go back to stock quickly if I ever wanted to.

Holley Sniper using the RobbMC Powersurge. Easy install, follow the directions to the letter and they’ll be no issues. Make sure you have a clean tach signal from somewhere. Beat on mine fore the summer driving it daily. Love it.

What did you use for the tach signal?

Consistently high 15s. I really need to play with fuel map more but I’m super happy with it.
How is that possible?? My smallblock 360 in my fury gets 8mpg with efi. Worse than the holley i replaced.

And i idle at 13.7:1; cruise at 15.4 and accelerate at 12.7 to 13. Its a mystery to me.

Back