Finally on the lift need help with frame@

HarrysToy

"Get off my lawn!"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
After months of working on another project, i finally have the Fury on the lift......
Kinda sad at this moment.
An unskilled attempt at shoring up the deteriorated frame ends were they meet the rear cross member does not look good.
She will never be a show car and never raced.
Should i attempt to find a donor front frame or fab my own frame connectors?
Thoughts please....

After months of working on another project, i finally have the Fury on the lift......
Kinda sad at this moment.
An unskilled attempt at shoring up the deteriorated frame ends were they meet the rear cross member does not look good.
She will never be a show car and never raced.
Should i attempt to find a donor front frame or fab my own frame connectors?
Thoughts please....
Photos would help. If the rear stub mounting points and the cowl mounts are still solid, then it would usually be best to replace the stub as chasing rust on a rotten frame is a never ending battle. If if the mounts are also shot, it probably is not going to be cost effective to to try and repair them.

Dave

Photos coming. The ones i took lsdt night are to big for some reason

If you are talking about the stub frame, I'd replace it with a rust free piece.

The front section of a C-Body Mopar unbolts from the unibody, that is the "stub". It is replaceable, but it is a big job to do it.

Dave

Stub frame? Im kinda new to Mopars
No problem. As mentioned above, C bodies are unibody construction from the firewall back...the body is the frame.

Up front Chrysler used a stub frame that mounted the engine, trans, brakes, suspension and the front clip was mounted up after the body was dropped onto the assembed Stub frame on the assembly line.
20180814_172420.jpg
Rigid Mount drawing.jpg

Here's a pic of a 65 Fury showing the Body and Stub, and then a picture of a Stub frame. If the Stub is rotten, they can be repaired, but in my experience, you're better off swapping to a rust free Stub.

Awesome guys!

Pictures always help. So my overall stub frame is not bad. My sole issues are at the point were the frame sides meet the rear cross member.
At one point someone had added support plates under these points.
The driverside isnt to bad. The passenger one shows an old tear that has me scratching my head.
For the time being im going to use rust stop coating under the car as well as inside the frame entrance points.
I will be looking for another frame to replace mine at some point.
Will try and upload pics again now...

Back