Find of the day.

more..... Then on to the road runners

DSC00567.JPG

DSC00570.JPG

DSC00569.JPG

DSC00568.JPG

Last edited:
A very interesting character. A farmer in his early 60's with way to many irons in the fire. Crops, livestock fences are his prioritys He seems to be well versed in Mopars, epically the muscle cars. These cars were moved to this location from N Dakota. The Road Runners were mostly found locally in the past 25/30 years. He is a collectors worst night mare. Knows the value of the cars, knows condition is important but just doesn't care. He views them like some folks view their children. Has no desire to sell anything. Trading may be the only way in at this time. Sad to see these cars going downhill, and he admits that. His idea of fixing them up is to use a can of fresh gas with a hose to the carb, get it running and driving it up and down the road. :BangHead:

....His idea of fixing them up is to use a can of fresh gas with a hose to the carb, get it running and driving it up and down the road..... :BangHead:
You have to admit, that is better than just letting them sit forever and the engines seizing up. People ***** and complain about these types of owners all the time, but the fact is they are still HIS cars and HE has the right to do as he sees fit with them. We are not to judge, as many of the so called judges are no better at taking care of old cars themselves. When the owner says NO, we need to be able to accept that answer.

Disclaimer: BTW, this is just a general statement of observation over many years, NOT directed at anyone in particular, especially anyone here. But yes, it would be nice if he was willing to sell some.

Last edited:
He says there are 6/7 Plymouth Road Runners and GTX's on the property. I found 5. A 69 Road Runner, body only sitting under a shed. 2 70's in a shelter with locked door. I was able to get pictures by sticking my hand and camera through a small opening in the door. A 68 and a 70 overgrown with weeds. Couldn't tell much but the 68 was a 4 speed body. Plus two deck lids and 4 doors from 69 Road Runners. Says there are several 383, 440 and a 413 in some of the buildings there. I did not see them.

The good news..... I didn't run across any snakes.:)

DSC00571.JPG

DSC00572.JPG

DSC00573.JPG

DSC00574.JPG

DSC00575.JPG

DSC00576.JPG

DSC00577.JPG

DSC00578.JPG

DSC00579.JPG

DSC00581.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, what do you suppose is the story on that '70 with the wild paint scheme? That might be interesting?

I was very surprised by the lack of serious rust on most of the cars. The Road Runners I could see into had the interiors removed and the floors looked pretty solid. As did the body's.

By the looks over the growth around the cars it looks like his story about running them around with gas in a container is kind of a pipe dream. I agree that they are his and he can do what he wants with them but I think it's still a shame.

Nice find. Maybe over time you'll convince him it's time to start parting with some of them.
(at least the one you're after) :lol:

The forward look rides appear pretty complete by what's shown in the pics.
Seeing those RR's must've been a surprise. Was the hood on the 70 RR replaced with an air grabber hood? Looks like the original is standing up against the wall in the shed. Maybe he'll let you get more pics next time.
Thanks for sharing this cool find.

Was the hood on the 70 RR replaced with an air grabber hood? Looks like the original is standing up against the wall in the shed. Maybe he'll let you get more pics next time.
Thanks for sharing this cool find.

He told me one of the cars in the garage had a air grabber hood and the other was a 4 speed with a pistol grip. His passions seem to be the road runners.
I think I'll offer to soak as many hinges, latch's, and mechanisms with penetrating fluid as I can. Will keep in touch.

I am enjoying this. Thay are diose by, secluded, and he is a pleasant enough guy. We share the passion, just not the principal. This is the land of Chevy and Ford and He seems surprised to have someone versed in Mopar's to chat with. (as am I). I'll work on him and perhaps I can convince him to free some cars up.

Back