Firm Feel sway bar advice for a 1973 Polara

moonrunner1972

Reaction score
:tiptoe:Gents, I need a bit of advice before I commit myself by drilling mounting holes in my LCA for my new 1 1/4' Firm Feel front swaybar. So far I have mounted the swaybar in the frame brackets where the factory bar mounted. The new swaybar mounts to the LCA by means of 2 1/2' bolts that you must drill through the front side. Now my dillema is thus, the sway bar itself seems to hit the lip on the top part of the LCA on the drivers side while on the passenger side it almost tucks under the same lip. What I assume is the right way to mount these would be to have the bottom portion of the sway bar mount lie directly on top of the lip on the lower or bottom part of the LCA. When I try and line it up to mark the LCA the above mentioned problem occurs. If anyone has installed one of these bigger sway bars on their 69'-73' c-body please let me know what you did to make this work, thanks.:sSig_thankyou:

hey mate,can you take a pic of what you are trying to say?. mine is on a 67, but probably close, ive got a 1 1/4 bar on mine. happy to take any pics of the setup you need. i recall mine going in very easy and straight forward. are your strut rods straight, are your LCA's straight? is the sway bay straight? i had to put new strut rods in mine, cause the factory sway bar bent my strut rods like bannanas. I could not remember if ive already pit this pic up or not?

IMG_0507.jpg

ok, i just looked at mine and i get what you are saying. the ends of my swaybar sit about level with the lip on the top of the lca with full weight on suspention, there is about the width of your little finger between the backmost part of the swaybar and the lip of the lca. I dont want to give you bad advise, so disclaimer time," i am not a mechanic and dont really know what im on about "
i think i just did mine so the brackets on the LCA were in the same place on both sides.and it leveled out when i tightened it all up i had full weight on the front suspension(ie on ramps) while trial fitting and doing everything up.
hope this helps, again, happy to take any pics you may need, good luck

Back