NOT MINE Flipped already

Thank you. Let us see what happens to CH43K9C244617 -- very well equipped, here is the fender tag for records. @69CoronetRT will note that there is little info in the tag, despite lots of options on the car. This car was originally Y3:

1666993966967.png

Last edited:
For those curious others, it is this car. I saw it on FCBO some time ago, but based on this thread title there's more recent story?
The black grille surround and RWL tires make it unique for remembering.

1666993665036.png

1666993691145.png

will note that there is little info in the tag, despite lots of options on the car. This car was originally Y3:
What is the significance in this?
Ordered car and everything put on the build sheet?
Why would options not appear on the trim tag?

What is the significance in this?
Ordered car and everything put on the build sheet?
Why would options not appear on the trim tag?

What was coded, when it was coded and were it was coded on the tag varies year to year, plant to plant and even within the model year.

What was coded, or how it was coded, at Lynch Road plant may or may not apply to the Jefferson plant.

Tag codes typically includes paint, trim, stripes and modifications to the body in white meaning holes that needed to be punched (tachometers, radios, remote mirrors, moldings, etc ) or brackets added (consoles). Options that do not require these modifications (wheels, wheel covers, power steering, suspension, etc.) are generally not coded.

Understanding tag coding requires research into all makes, years, and plant coding. Don't presume what applies to '70 Belvedere plant applies to '71 Jefferson plant.

Last edited:
CH43K9C244617 is now listed on eBay, with a BIN price of $22,750. Apparently, it sold as Lot 125 at Mecum Chicago on Oct. 13-15, 2022 for $20,350.

1669941176748.png

Last edited:
This kinda stuff just slays me.
Why on earth people list things for sale when they don't have their information complete (not just cars, I've even seen houses listed this way).
Do they think their merchandise is so desirable that they'll start getting people lined up early???

1669998762821.png

Now let's play I-spy:
I spy some curious bumps under the vinyl.
1669999103947.png

I spy a bunch of buffer swirls, and they are down the entire passenger side. Can't see them in all of the pics, only in the sunlight pics. Wonder if they are all over the car?
I also spy a wheel with a rusty lip showing - why were the wheels not painted???
1669999266910.png

Overall, if you can handle the lack of AC, it looks like a decent car in spite of my picking at it.
But it's just not priced realistically.
If a guy bought it for around $10k, put on Road Wheels/whitewalls, removed the window tint, and painted the grille area properly - I think he'd have a car that would meet our quality standards.

This kinda stuff just slays me.
Why on earth people list things for sale when they don't have their information complete (not just cars, I've even seen houses listed this way).
Do they think their merchandise is so desirable that they'll start getting people lined up early???
Kinda like the ones with 'Price will go up as the more we diddle errm. Work On It'

:lol:

Still for sale on eBay. BIN price down to $20k.

Time left: 4d 14h|Sunday, 02:57 AM

Starting bid: US $500.00

[ 0 bids ]

Heh I wonder what the reserve is?

(edit) BBW with this seller, as most positive feedback on the account is for buying with only 5 sales.
One nasty negative for a car that I thought was funny.
"It Leaks more oil then the BP oil spill."

Signs of the times I guess as the BP spill has now outpaced the Amoco Cadiz or Exxon Valdez.

Last edited:
Back