FNG with a '66 New Yorker...

-stew-

Reaction score
hello all! New guy here in Wisconsin. Just brought this fine automobile home today. 1966 new Yorker two door hard top. The guy i bought it from picked it up from the original owner in L.A. eight years ago, and used it as a summer car until it lost reverse about a year and a half ago. Came with metric tonnage of new, NOS, and replacement parts. Drove it home 35 miles today, drives great. Can't wait to fix the trans, start cleaning up the interior and get the exterior in good 20 footer shape.

100_0837.jpg

100_0835.jpg

100_0834.jpg

100_0831.jpg

Awesome, congrats and welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Very Nice!!! Are you able to park it in a garage? I hear it snows there until June.

Very Nice!!! Are you able to park it in a garage? I hear it snows there until June.

It will be stored winters, but will spend the summers parked on the street. i gotta clean the garage out and make some room to get it in my garage to do the brakes, fix the trans, put a radiator in and button up some other issues. this car is no show queen and I have no intentions of making it one. Just gonna be a cool daily driver during the summer months.

Here are some pictures from riding around today. As me and a buddy were cruising around it got dark and I had to turn the head lights on. The parking lights on the front go out when you go from parking lights to head lights on the switch. Is this normal?

Nice to see one out rolling around town. How much did you have to change to do the dual bowl master? I also love seeing under hood shots of mostly original cars. I get to see all the little things are were done wrong by previous owners of my car.

Man that really looks a lot better with those wheelcovers!

Nice to see one out rolling around town. How much did you have to change to do the dual bowl master? I also love seeing under hood shots of mostly original cars. I get to see all the little things are were done wrong by previous owners of my car.

That MC is a new unit for a 1967 New Yorker with power brakes from NAPA, and it bolted right up. I used one reducer fitting because they didn't have the right 3/16ths line nut, and the correct 3/16ths line nut on the other. I used a little nubbin of brake line pinched off and sealed with solder to plug where the factory tee goes to the rear. No proportioning valve yet, I wanna get the car out in the rain and see if it wants to lock the rears up, but so far so good.

Not much time for internet lately. Better late than never. Again, welcome.

Back