NOT MINE For Sale: [Not Mine] 1974 Chrysler Imperial in TN - Tays Auctions

That is a beautiful car The last time I looked at it, the price was in the upper $20's. Likely too high for most of us to justify. I see the accented wheels Did they actually offer them for Imperial in 74 - 75 or did they not offer them from the factory until 76. I know my grandmother's 76 NYB had them (without the paint enhancement).
Upper 20's is nose-bleed territory for that one. Could be seller's historically high-end expectations. Its nice but that's prettty tall. I dont know my road wheel color schemes -- factory silver/argent vs. aftersale body color customizations.

Upper 20's is nose-bleed territory for that one. Could be seller's historically high-end expectations. Its nice but that's prettty tall. I dont know my road wheel color schemes -- factory silver/argent vs. after sale body color customizations.
None of those chrysler road wheels ever had painted designations in the center. Any painted areas are after market only

I thought the Hursts in 70 had gold/"stripes" from factory? No?

1678465446294.png

I had an 81 Diplomat wagon with road wheels. They're not on in this picture but they came with white plastic discs to make them color keyed.
2928d5ee0bc14d7bc1788661744782c9.jpg

I thought the Hursts in 70 had gold/"stripes" from factory? No?

View attachment 586184
Those are the 60's / early 70's Chrysler road wheels the ones on that 1974 expensive 2 door Imperil are from what I think is 75 or 76 onward. Different, thicker center piece on newer ones. Newer ones did not have any color from factory but obviously would be painted later.

Me too, but I am definitely NOT a buyer. "T5' says "Sienna Metallic". I guess .. Not matter what I like that color. . Hope it finds a good home.

There was (is?) one up here (Dearborn, Gateway) that body color .. really pops. I like the lighter interior/roof on it better tho,

View attachment 585884
Ya I saw that coupe few weeks back.. WAY to much $$$ for my wallet though .. but love that color.

My 77 has them. After speaking with the son of the original owner, since his dad owned the dealership he had them painted.. I love the look.

7061A043-8C3B-4A4A-9F5F-91788031196D.jpeg

48F3A478-BDC6-4170-9B86-3DDB5B327108.jpeg

E307F176-E1A5-4C2A-B5CC-D68617C0F951.jpeg

The underhood module/valve that is usually the fail point has not been available from Chrysler or Mercedes for quite a few years. The was a company making an improved version of that module/valve (CAM???) might still be available, but I don't know the source. Looks like someone eliminated the valve altogether, which is why there is no heat or air.

Someone will certainly pipe up on who makes (or made) the aftermarket valve. It was a great solution to the crappy factory unit, to be sure.

View attachment 586047
I believe what you're describing is the 73 and down system. 74-78 is just as much a nightmare in the 74-78 system. My opinion only.

Back