Ford vs Ferrari

IMG_1239.JPG

And I didn't die!

Yah that kinda cheapened it for me. Where were the likes of Lloyd Ruby or Dan Gurney. Ken only won as Dan pushed his car a 1/4 mile to get across the line. I guess they figure they’ll make a Dan Gurney movie some day so what the heck. Shoulda called it Ken v Beebe Lol!!!
Ken didn't win. The movie was about his story in making the car work to beat Ferrari. Glad they did not make a documentary about the race.
I will say no more as to not spoil the movie for those yet to go.

Ken didn't win. The movie was about his story in making the car work to beat Ferrari. Glad they did not make a documentary about the race.
I will say no more as to not spoil the movie for those yet to go.

LoL!!! If you’re spoiling the movie for anyone they really need to bone up on their car history.

No Spoiler Alert needed here!!! I wasn’t talking about the Le Mans race at the end of the movie. I was talking about Sebring where Gurney was waaaaaaay out front and his car crapped out 1/4 mile from the finish. Miles I think had to unlap himself while Gurney pushed his car across the finish line (disqualifying himself and voiding what would have been a 2nd place).

Ken was an intuitive test driver and could suggest/translate problems well to the car boss, Phil Remington. Remington was the one that made the cars run period. He didn’t even go to the after win parties. He didn’t care about that stuff and was already working on winning the next race. That being said, everyone even Miles & Shelby worked on the cars...

Remington ran such a tight ship that it destroyed any chances of the AAR cuda winning in trans am. Check out Bob Tarozzi’s book Turk if you want a good read about that train wreck.

Remington ran such a tight ship that it destroyed any chances of the AAR cuda winning in trans am. Check out Bob Tarozzi’s book Turk if you want a good read about that train wreck
I have wanted to read that. Thanks for reminding me. I'll put it on my Christmas list.
"Nobody cares"

You were lucky RT. Even the EZ-Pass lanes were snarled up that day. I don't run that way too often anymore but the time before this time the ransom for passage was 3 quarters at each cash box This past June 30th it was 4 Washingtonz each time and it's not been more then 6-7 yearz. WTH? My retirement goes up ah bit every November and I still can not keep up with that hi-way robbery % SHISH. And since 9-11 it ain't fun(more like ah PITA) to get airborne anymore either, Jer

Each toll stop was shorter than a Nascar Pit Stop.
But there were so many. $4 bucks, 20 miles later another $4 buck and so on.

Saw it Thanksgiving night, great flick! I'll see it again if I have the chance, awesome on the big screen.

Wow! That got some interest, I was personally a bit disappointed, having raced road circuits in my early days I was able to see through some of the films flaws. What grabbed me though was researching the ford v ferrari battle on line after the movie and I was gobsmacked to be enlightened on the story of Ken Miles, I knew little of him till then but he was a true legend.
An interesting feature of the film is that the cast from the top down individually resemble the likeness of the real characters, go to the SLATE magazine web site (I think slate.com) and search Ford V Ferrari then scroll down to see pics of the actors with pics of the real people they portrayed, the likenesses are uncanny, go see it!

Back