Formal rear bumper reflectors... Brand New.

Count me in for a pair (or two if my 74 needs a pair) . gotta crawl under my 74 (kind a stuck in storage) to see condition of reflectors on it.
Thank you... another step closer... that makes the list: cantflip, 75LandYacht, 73T&C and Moseman

We're getting close to making this work.
Door courtesy lamp lenses :wideyed:
As brittle as a 78 wiper bushing.
How many of you are limping along on 3 tabs on each lens?
An excellent idea... I decided those were still more available than the reflectors, but also a much desired lens. Do you know if they have a wider use? It would be nice to get to spread the cost between more owners, but between trying to release them from the mold (with those fragile little tabs) and my desire to put @Zymurgy on this full time... Mike may decide I'm making this too much like work.

3 tabs is better than some I've seen... Scotch tape and no tabs sucks.

NYB Formal door panels would be another item of interest for someone to repop....

Do you know if they have a wider use? It
I've been trying to cross reference those lenses to another application for years and still haven't found one.

On something like this, you repop a zillion of them at one shot and you'll be selling them like crazy on a daily basis.

I tried to come up with a DIY repair but it was an EPIC fail...

e5999cc46f87e248a9dc69d7026cc723af9601fb-1S_1280.jpg
669239d2696f161f986ea4342ecdacfe20443da2-1S_1280.jpg

Door courtesy lamp lenses :wideyed:
As brittle as a 78 wiper bushing.
How many of you are limping along on 3 tabs on each lens?
I would be interested in a couple courtesy lamp lenses if they ever get reproduced.
The rear bumper reflectors on my NYB are in surprisingly good shape.

I would be interested in a couple courtesy lamp lenses if they ever get reproduced.
The rear bumper reflectors on my NYB are in surprisingly good shape.
Thank you for the reply, it helps to know if someone isn't interested (not quite as much as knowing they are interested though).

Those lenses could be a future project, but I believe it was mentioned they are available... The process in use for small batches is expensive and slow (somewhat labor intensive). The factory made them so thin, they might be a real challenge to reproduce... I'd be surprised if the mold originals weren't damaged when released (tabs broken) and the new ones may be tough to release without damage as well.

My goal is to make Mike's Formal experience as pain free as possible... pretty easy to tell the idiot in FL to go away and not come back...:rolleyes:

I thought I would step in here and give you a little overview. I am interested in making lenses to provide a service to our c-body community which gets ignored all the time.

This is a hobby, if the lens is provided by anyone else big or small I have no interest in reproducing a product someone has already addressed.

Trust me I am not doing this for the money I can make more money painting, but I am not doing it for free either. Jeff is willing to provide the lenses for this project, he is looking for help to share the cost of the mold making process.

I would be willing to consider any other lens out of production PM me and we can discuss the project.

Last edited:
Bumping this topic back to the top... we still need a few more takers to meet the price point I was hoping for...

For those interested: We can still do this, but it will be a little more per pair depending on our quantity.

If you're thinking about it, please weigh in, it may help us make a decision knowing there are others who desire them.

Bumping this topic back to the top... we still need a few more takers to meet the price point I was hoping for...

For those interested: We can still do this, but it will be a little more per pair depending on our quantity.

If you're thinking about it, please weigh in, it may help us make a decision knowing there are others who desire them.

If it helps, I can increase to two pairs just to get started. I’m sure once we get them going others will buy but it’s the commitment that's holding them back.

We had A very very similar situation on another club for another car. It was about a small filler piece at the top of the window weather stripping. Once started, the buyers came out of the woodwork. But the start up was the holdup.

If it helps, I can increase to two pairs just to get started. I’m sure once we get them going others will buy but it’s the commitment that's holding them back.

We had A very very similar situation on another club for another car. It was about a small filler piece at the top of the window weather stripping. Once started, the buyers came out of the woodwork. But the start up was the holdup.
Once we're going forward... the molds will belong to Zymurgy... he can do as he pleases with them. I think I will ask that he fix the price for the holdouts, I'd like to see him get a little funding for the future creations from his basement/kitchen. :)

I also understand the "wait and see" thing... but I've seen before where odd items got a short effort to reproduce and then faded from availability as the hassle was more than it was worth.

Once we're going forward... the molds will belong to Zymurgy... he can do as he pleases with them. I think I will ask that he fix the price for the holdouts, I'd like to see him get a little funding for the future creations from his basement/kitchen. :)

I also understand the "wait and see" thing... but I've seen before where odd items got a short effort to reproduce and then faded from availability as the hassle was more than it was worth.

Call me a conservative......but if what we’re doing is micro-crowd funding, then the easy way to do it is: clip the first ones less and make those who follow pay more. $100 early buy in for a fixed number and $159.95 for every one to follow.

I think we’ve all way overpaid for a small unavailable part.

Call me a conservative......but if what we’re doing is micro-crowd funding, then the easy way to do it is: clip the first ones less and make those who follow pay more. $100 early buy in for a fixed number and $159.95 for every one to follow.

I think we’ve all way overpaid for a small unavailable part.
That's a nice thought, but I don't really want a punishment factor... and somebody still has to put the investment into the mold (NOT Zymurgy).

The ultimate decision will belong with the creator, after all... he is not recouping his early investments from this project, just pricing in a way he isn't operating at a loss. I respect his time and effort too much to ask for him to take on any more hassle than whatever he chooses for himself.

FWIW, my first thought was to fund this individually and set pricing to allow myself a free pair out of 10(ish) units. The more I thought about it, I'm not really interested in turning this into a for profit venture and I'm not the right guy to do so. I don't even need a pair of lenses at this time, but I'd lose the potential to supply good cores if I waited for the need. My gain will be in the availability of these in the future, and I have chosen to share that with the interested parties in the Formal crowd here. I am still deciding how many I'll buy, but I'll pay the same as everyone else for them.

Cantflip has expressed my thoughts well, I want to provide a quality lens at a fair price. The first guy will unfortunately pay the most for the cost of the mold too, but I would like to charge a consistent price.

I have no plans to buy lens myself and reproduce them. In an ideal world, we could get together guys who might have a nice lens to reproduce with someone who needs the lens. I know the whole thing seems backwards, to provide a good lens to replicate when you already have a good original set. I may change my mind later, but for now I am looking to provide a needed service, than seeking out additional work for myself.

I would honestly like to reach the point where people say there is this guy in Ohio that can make a good quality lens. I only see the demand for this to increase as our cars age and less parts cars come available.

Another bump...

With all the Formal talk in the forum right now, I thought it wise to try again.

Looking for more folks who are in need or have the desire.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I'm good.
I still need splash shields, tho....
I do too. Was planning on having to make them. They sell the material in bulk but it’s not cheap. And..... we’re diverting the thread. So let’s put a pin in this one and I’ll set up a thread when the time comes. Might be sooner than later given the wait time on the heater core! Damn there goes another ......SQUIRREL!!!!!..... diversion.

Sorry!

I would like some too... maybe there's a bulk discount:rolleyes:
Don't look at me. I sent DMT the old ones. Still waiting.
Along with Restoration Specialties with the RR seals.
I keep sending all this crap out but I'm one voice rattling the cage.
And good for you for getting the reflector project off the ground.
Formal Lives Matter .

Don't look at me. I sent DMT the old ones. Still waiting.
Along with Restoration Specialties with the RR seals.
I keep sending all this crap out but I'm one voice rattling the cage.
And good for you for getting the reflector project off the ground.
Formal Lives Matter .
FLM... :lol: I'm ready for a fist bump... :thankyou:

Do you have a preferred contact at either company for me to bother for a set?

Back