Formal rear bumper reflectors... Brand New.

Are we up to 10 takers yet???

Last I saw we were:

Cantflip 1
73T&C 2
Moseman 1
75 landyatch 1

That’s five

We’re half way there guys !!!!

Are we up to 10 takers yet???

Last I saw we were:

Cantflip 1
73T&C 2
Moseman 1
75 landyatch 1

That’s five

We’re half way there guys !!!!
I am beginning to believe we have found the market... at least in here. I leave the decision to you folks... should we few bite the bullet or wait for more takers?

On a personal note, I was going to put more into this... but I had a minor financial setback that prevents me from do so right now.

Ok, so let’s say $250 times 4?

We each get two pair of the initial run with two for our brilliant Lensman to sell or hold?

Everybody in?

Not dead... but certainly paused. I'm sure there are enough others who would need them... eventually.

Ok, so let’s say $250 times 4?

We each get two pair of the initial run with two for our brilliant Lensman to sell or hold?

Everybody in?
I am fine, but my resources are probably more than most others here on this Forum. Let me know how I can contribute.

I haven't really followed this thread. I will add 2 cents of info about Mike Z's lenses, and seeing them firsthand at the Nats. They are amazing!!!! There are details I would have never thought would come out in a silicone mold every letter, factory mark and all the clean cut reflector bumps are all there. I was awestruck, the pictures on the thread do not do them justice.
If you think that the lenses are going to be some back yard "well at least they fit and are not cracked" kind of fix you just have to live with you would be dead wrong. These would be a top notch reproduction even the most nit-pick anal retentive person would be proud to have on the car.
Mike has a $&1/ pile of time in learning and perfecting making those complicated around the corner 300 lenses. You will not be disappointed.
Roof seals I can't help you with.

Plus there would be a demand in the hundreds if not the thousands because 99% of all Formal H/T's need RR seals.

Plus there would be a demand in the hundreds if not the thousands because 99% of all Formal H/T's need RR seals.
One Chinese batch of a thousand or two would allow us Formal part hoarders to satisfy our needs... but finding a way to sell them to the market before having to store them for too long would be a small problem. That, and we are a cheap bunch...

One Chinese batch of a thousand or two would allow us Formal part hoarders to satisfy our needs... but finding a way to sell them to the market before having to store them for too long would be a small problem. That, and we are a cheap bunch...

I believe the first thousand would sell within a week once the word went out worldwide that the RR seals were reproduced and available.

I believe the first thousand would sell within a week once the word went out worldwide that the RR seals were reproduced and available.
I'd be worth several... but IDK about how easy it would be. I thought the reflectors were a good idea, and couldn't get 10 pair spoken for... If I was operating as a capitalist, I'd have guessed that around 50 pairs would find homes with some minor marketing.

Boy am I glad I didn't gamble on that one...

I'd be worth several... but IDK about how easy it would be. I thought the reflectors were a good idea, and couldn't get 10 pair spoken for... If I was operating as a capitalist, I'd have guessed that around 50 pairs would find homes with some minor marketing.

Boy am I glad I didn't gamble on that one...

I didn't see the rear reflectors as being a common Formal problem. Mine is perfect and I doubt I will ever need to replace it.

Back to the reflector portion of this thread.....

The problem with the reflectors (at this point 40+ years later) is that they either break from minor impact or are so brittle that they can not be successfully removed without breaking.

IMO, that’s why I’ve never seen a good used one for sale that didn’t come with the entire rear bumper.

My desire for a set was to replace the inevitable broken ones I would need to have when I re-plated the rear bumper.

Javier

Last edited:
Back to the reflector portion of this thread.....

The problem with the reflectors (at this point 40+ years later) is that they either break from minor impact or are so brittle that they can not be successfully removed without breaking.

IMO, that’s why I’ve never seen a good used one for sale that didn’t come with the entire rear bumper.

My desire for a set was to replace the inevitable broken ones I would need to have when I re-plated the rear bumper.

Javier
I think we will revisit this in the future... Hopefully Mike is still interested when we have enough pockets to spread the mold cost enough to be more practical.

My thought is still 10 pair to lower cost, and someday Mike can reuse the molds to meet whatever demand crops up later. I would only ask that he keep the pricing close to the original sets and reinvest the profits as he pleases.

If and when we get there, I might recruit your help... I have idea's about making the replacements more durable.

I think we will revisit this in the future... Hopefully Mike is still interested when we have enough pockets to spread the mold cost enough to be more practical.

My thought is still 10 pair to lower cost, and someday Mike can reuse the molds to meet whatever demand crops up later. I would only ask that he keep the pricing close to the original sets and reinvest the profits as he pleases.

If and when we get there, I might recruit your help... I have idea's about making the replacements more durable.
I’m still in!

Back