forum not recognizing history??

gyknot

Reaction score
For the last 3 days now, every time I bring up this site, I have to relog on. Even if I check the remember me box if I close out the site and reopen it, I have to log on again.
It accepts my logon every time, and in the past it always brought me up every time I opened the site, but for whatever reason now it won't. Same computer and same logon info???

Anybody else experiencing this or have any idea why?

Yep!
It’s been that way, for me, since the melt-down a while back. Annoying for sure and doesn’t say much for the site’s IT dept.

OK-I'm not looking to criticize anybody for something I don't understand either. Just wondering if it was just me. Obviously not.
Maybe now that they know it can looked into.

I keep getting an authentication error that says the site is not safe, I just ignore it and proceed to the site

For the last 3 days now, every time I bring up this site, I have to relog on. Even if I check the remember me box if I close out the site and reopen it, I have to log on again.
It accepts my logon every time, and in the past it always brought me up every time I opened the site, but for whatever reason now it won't. Same computer and same logon info???

Anybody else experiencing this or have any idea why?
You need to bring it up in website suggestions and questions forum. Joey monitors that thread closely. Yes there have been these issues.

Yep!
It’s been that way, for me, since the melt-down a while back. Annoying for sure and doesn’t say much for the site’s IT dept.

This is a very complex site so this stuff is likely to pop up from time to time. Even Facebook can't make things work perfectly, that is for sure....................

Given how few issues we have had over time on this site, over a decade almost for me, I believe its IT capability is very good.

No problems since "the change" a while back. Sometimes, it's a bit slow to take a post, but no issues as mentioned above.

Which browser are y'all using? Just curious.

CBODY67

I don't even know what you mean by which browser?? I can make a computer work but do not understand them at all.
I only come out from under my rock once in awhile to make sure the sun is still there...

As for posting it elsewhere, maybe one of you that does understand this stuff can forward it to wherever it needs to be?
I will thank you in advance.

When the page opens, it's likely on the FORUM page, and no history, no recognition. Try clicking on the HOME page to the left - should bring you back to history and recognition - at least, it does for me.

It's been doing this since the meltdown.

I've got an icon for this "New Posts" page saved in my Favorites tool bar. I just click on the icon and things happen. Unless there has been some upgrade/change to the forum, which then requires a new log-in operation.

Ross:
You are a genius. I tried that and it works. I have no idea why since I've been opening on the forum page for a long time with no issues. But this is easier than relogging all the time.
Thanks

Something to try is to delete your cookies. Worked for me when the site had problems and then my browser "remembered" the site in this state and kept bring me back there. First sign out! BTW this is windows 10 and the Microsoft EDGE browser. If your looks the same - except for little face- then that's what you are using. Then click the buttons and follow the numbers.
upload_2021-10-25_22-34-20.png
upload_2021-10-25_22-36-23.png

Click the down arrow and instead of "last 7 days" choose "last 4 weeks". Keep all the gray check boxes checked and click "clear now".
Now go back into the website For C Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum and sign in again. If it asks if you want it to remember your passwords, etc say YES. Hope it helps. The point is to help the browser forget the bad times and start fresh.

upload_2021-10-25_22-38-55.png

Well now I know I have the edge browser and yes windows 10.
I tried the cookie thing and no difference. Going to the home button works everytime though.
Thanks all for the help.

I don't even know what you mean by which browser?? I can make a computer work but do not understand them at all.
I only come out from under my rock once in awhile to make sure the sun is still there...

As for posting it elsewhere, maybe one of you that does understand this stuff can forward it to wherever it needs to be?
I will thank you in advance.

You gotta be shittin me, really? Do you know what a mouse is?

Didn't think it would be a big deal to admit I am computer illiterate. Guess I should have known better.
I will respond no more to this post.
Thanks to those that actually helped.

It's not a big deal, and shouldn't be to anyone else either. Computers definitely give me my own challenges as well. Water off a duck's back my friend.

Last edited:
Back