Found a new junk yard

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Went to a new junk yard today. Guy had about 30 C body cars. I bought one of them today. A 1970 Sport Fury. Complete car. Here are some pics of others he had. Enjoy. The first pics are the 70 I bought.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Are you going to restore it or use it for a parts car?

Chrysler wagon

This Chrysler wagon he said was given to Lee Petty new. He said Lee used it for a while to haul a race car. It's a 413. Loaded power everything. Said he had paper work to prove it belonged to the Pettys. He said he contacted them & they are interested, but have not bought it. He wants $5000 for it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Junkyard

An oil well pump motor. Probably the only one in NC. We're not known for oil wells around here.

image.jpg

Some old NASCAR cars

He has a Greg Biffile car. A David Stremme Dodge body that I think is a Petty car. A JD MCDuffie car (local NASCAR legend) & a Brett Bodine car. I talked to him about the Biffile car & Stremme body. I may buy both of those & put the Dodge body on the Biffile chassis

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is that white 70 GTX for sale? The one that looks like it made sweet love to a pole...sideways.

Thanks for sharing the pic's, I love wandering around yards like that. I like the organization of modern salvage yards but like to see the history in the old yards

Thanks for posting up your finds, they're great! Always liked the look of the david bradley.

Back