Found: Decent dash pad 70 Fury Wagon

furyfever

Reaction score
IMG_6168.jpegIMG_6167.jpegIMG_6154.jpegIMG_6153.jpegIMG_6152.jpegIMG_6151.jpegIMG_6150.jpegIMG_6149.jpegIMG_6148.jpegIMG_6156.jpegWas rummaging around in local junkyard for some parts for my 69 Polara when I stumbled upon this ~ 70 Fury Wagon with a decent black dash pad. Was not able to open Driver door…passenger door opens and windshield is mostly gone now and there’s an old AMC Javelin on top. What do you think guys worth the effort? It’s almost perfect except for small crack which is hardly noticeable at right end of speaker area…and a few bumps on front face just right of steering wheel. Hopefully that’s all the imperfections once it’s out. Not even sure if I can get it out but I thought I’d post this to get some opinions.

I'd like to see more pics of that 71 Custom Suburban. My guess after you try pulling it it's gonna crack up in a bunch of spots. From sitting without a windshield for so long.

Didn’t take many of the whole car but here’s what I got. Can’t get over to driver side of car at all. Just hate to see good parts go to waste. I do believe the Javelin on top has been sheltering the dash pad from some of the weather.

IMG_6112.jpeg

IMG_6111.jpeg

. My guess after you try pulling it it's gonna crack up in a bunch of spots. From sitting without a windshield for so long.

I replied almost this exact response last night. Not sure why it didn't show up.
It hardly look like it's worth saving regardless.
You could probably find some nice parts there of you look hard enough.

Didn’t take many of the whole car but here’s what I got. Can’t get over to driver side of car at all. Just hate to see good parts go to waste. I do believe the Javelin on top has been sheltering the dash pad from some of the weather.

View attachment 638345

View attachment 638346
It won't hurt too try at all if you can I was able to get a 69 pad from a yard with a car on top. One of the A pillars was collapsing took me about 40 minutes to get it out. I personally would push down on top in a few spots just to make sure before you try.

Like I said, I don’t need this pad but know how hard they are to find. Hate to see it go to waste. Anybody know if it can be removed without getting driver door open? I’m thinking there’s one screw over there. Not sure my back will tolerate being in crouched position for so long but love doing this stuff…my old body is not cooperating like it use to.

Back