Friday tunes..

Yeah, Whitesnake was another good band that spun off of Deep Purple and Judas Priest's first really successful album, "Sin After Sin", was produced by Roger Glover.

I was listening to some open line radio talk show a few weeks back and they were talking about how the occult had saved Rock 'n' Roll, beginning in the psychedelic era. I don't know, I guess they had a point. I mean, bands like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden later on, Merciful Fate and a lot of sword and sorcerer style heavy metal music in the eighties. Here's a song that I like from a band that's probably best known for the song "One Tin Soldier" from the Legend of Billy Jack movie soundtrack. I'm not really into much of their music but, I do like this one.

Didn't get into the heavy dark stuff, speed/ thrash metal. That spun into another realm of music I just couldn't get into. Dio had some good stuff, JP has alot of good tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3i9epHvDuo

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I couldn't get into the Speed or Thrash Metal either. I didn't get into Metallica much except for a few songs like Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters, 'Til It Sleeps and even Fire. I also like Orion, an instrumental from one of their earlier albums.

Here's one from a band that apparently went toward Speed/Thrash later on, IINM. "Swords and Tequilla" and this one came from what I think was their best album.

Just in case I don't get back before then...

Have a Merry Christmas everybody! :)

christmas_layout_31.jpg

Back