Front disc brake lines

I did check both of my 1971 Monacos and they both have the single distribution valve with brake warning light mechanism in them too, just like all of my 1971 Chrysler 300s. I have never seen an exception for 1971 C bodies with disc brakes.

I did check both of my 1971 Monacos and they both have the single distribution valve with brake warning light mechanism in them too, just like all of my 1971 Chrysler 300s.

@saforwardlook: if I understand correctly, the sets you got last year would work on a '71 T-code Monaco coupe, correct?

@sixpkrt: what was your solution in the end? what parts did you order, and did you need to do anything special so we could all see your superb NYer at Volo?

@saforwardlook: if I understand correctly, the sets you got last year would work on a '71 T-code Monaco coupe, correct?

@sixpkrt: what was your solution in the end? what parts did you order, and did you need to do anything special so we could all see your superb NYer at Volo?

Yes, that is correct. But I doubt they have their lines fixed correctly yet. I told them that the lines I wanted were the correct ones, and the ones they were making were wrong. But they didn't believe me for some reason even though I said I had 4 of these models and they were all like the lines I sent them.

After getting the new lines bent to match the originals lines, the only modification that was made was to the fittings, by having to remove to new fittings and replacing/reusing the old fittings.

NONE of these companies give a rat's *** about anything except A,B or E-bodies.

I stopped by The Wrong Stuff's spot at Carlisle looking for a single to dual reservoir conversion line kit for my wagon. Got the same lame we never sell any of those but we'll take your order BS that I get from all these arrogant pricks that think my choice of platform is somehow beneath them. Guess what Scooter, if I do decide to order them, it won't be from you.

Common sense if nothing else should dictate you at least bring some of the more generic stuff from your C-body product line unless of course you can say you sell out at every show and truly don't have the space. Highly unlikely.

The most popular brake upgrade on any pre 67 Mopar I would guess is the single to dual master cylinder so how hard is it to grab a few of the master to frame line kits and bring them? A dozen of them will fit in the glove box if space is that tight on the trailer.

Rant off...

Kevin

Yes, that is correct. But I doubt they have their lines fixed correctly yet. I told them that the lines I wanted were the correct ones, and the ones they were making were wrong. But they didn't believe me for some reason even though I said I had 4 of these models and they were all like the lines I sent them.

After getting the new lines bent to match the originals lines, the only modification that was made was to the fittings, by having to remove to new fittings and replacing/reusing the old fittings.

Thanks both! The issue on mine is that the old fittings had corroded and broke when replacing the rubber hoses, so if the fittings that TRS (which indeed seems should be renamed TWS) sends are incorrect, then their lines won't readily help as the broken fittings are the main issue on my original lines.

FWIW, I bought Raybestos BH36651 (rear, from Rock Auto) and two front BH35017 (from Summit) hoses and the fittings seem to be a perfect match for the original ones.

Last edited:
I used the same front & rear rubber brake hose lines on the New Yorker and the fittings worked fine connecting the brake lines to the calipers and to the tee on the rear axel housing.
Using the hard brake line for the passenger side of the 73 Chrysler kit from the Right Stuff 4 piece kit (HFB7102) the connection to brake hose was fine, but the fitting to the Brake Warning Switch/Metering Valve was smaller.
Had to cut the line at the this end, bend the line after replacing the new fitting using my original fitting, then used double flaring tool to make the seat right, then connect to the BWS/MV. (This is a PITA to do as there is little room to measure for the correct bend, and because the opening for the front right brake line in on the bottom of the BWS/MV).
The brakes have held up fine since I've been driving the car.
BWS Metering Valve.jpg
Brake line BWS MV fitting.jpg
Brake line to Front R hydraulic hose.jpg

NONE of these companies give a rat's *** about anything except A,B or E-bodies.

I stopped by The Wrong Stuff's spot at Carlisle looking for a single to dual reservoir conversion line kit for my wagon. Got the same lame we never sell any of those but we'll take your order BS that I get from all these arrogant pricks that think my choice of platform is somehow beneath them. Guess what Scooter, if I do decide to order them, it won't be from you.

Common sense if nothing else should dictate you at least bring some of the more generic stuff from your C-body product line unless of course you can say you sell out at every show and truly don't have the space. Highly unlikely.

The most popular brake upgrade on any pre 67 Mopar I would guess is the single to dual master cylinder so how hard is it to grab a few of the master to frame line kits and bring them? A dozen of them will fit in the glove box if space is that tight on the trailer.

Rant off...

Kevin

That The Right Stuff even makes lines for C bodies is a plus, compared to most of the other companies that make very few, if any, is not lost on me at least. As such, they are in uncharted territory and will need some patient guidance to get them producing the right parts. Chrysler made a lot of changes year to year that are difficult for any company to comprehend, especially for low volume applications compared to A, B and E bodies.

Yeah, they could make a single to master conversion kit but for which models of single master cylinder vehicles? And what return on investment could they get?

They probably have a relatively poor return on any investment they make for C bodies as it is, but at least they are trying. To expect more is unreasonable and not symbolic of "arrogant pricks" IMO. Most folks don't work for nothing..............................

I used the same front & rear rubber brake hose lines on the New Yorker and the fittings worked fine connecting the brake lines to the calipers and to the tee on the rear axel housing.
Using the hard brake line for the passenger side of the 73 Chrysler kit from the Right Stuff 4 piece kit (HFB7102) the connection to brake hose was fine, but the fitting to the Brake Warning Switch/Metering Valve was smaller.
Had to cut the line at the this end, bend the line after replacing the new fitting using my original fitting, then used double flaring tool to make the seat right, then connect to the BWS/MV. (This is a PITA to do as there is little room to measure for the correct bend, and because the opening for the front right brake line in on the bottom of the BWS/MV).
View attachment 312712 View attachment 312713 View attachment 312714

I had to have that same modification made for the sets they sent me, but I sent them back to have them do it to get it right for the future customers. I guess that didn't work out as I had hoped, as they are still making that one fitting too large. It is encouraging though, that the rest of the 73 Kit worked on your 71, so I guess some of my previous coaching stuck with them. I am going to call Stephanie at TRS and talk to her again about some of this stuff so they get it right for everyone else that goes down this path. They are still learning and don't know who to really trust yet I guess, so I need to build some more rapport with her yet.

Last edited:
I did some venting earlier on this post about this supplier, mostly on the return policy. But in the end, as Steve says, at least they're offering items for C bodies.
I concluded they don't sell enough C body brake lines to be 100% accurate, but their prices are good, and through some trial and error, we can figure out how to make their products work on our vehicles.

Steve and Tim: thanks a real lot! I’ll order one front set and one front-to-rear set as soon from TRS as Steve talks to Stephanie.

@saforwardlook, you can also tell her that I’ll order two more front and rear sets (three “entire car” sets in total) if the first ones they send me is correct (bends and fittings). If others are interested, that would be good too.

Last edited:
View attachment 312712 View attachment 312713 View attachment 312714

Tim, I just wanted to confirm that your front 4 piece brake line kit ordered from TRE worked just fine with no bending needed or other modifications except for the right side fitting at the BWS? I had an issue with the left front line fitting at the hose correctly (bent wrong) but is sounds like that at least has been corrected by them based on the line from my car that they copied I suspect, for going forward.

Also, I assume the kit you ordered for the rear axle brake lines was the one they show for 69 - 71 (I only ask this question because they probably don't realize that the 1969 models had the brake splitter fitting mounted in a different spot on the rear axle than the 70 - 73 models, so they must have used a 70-73 model pattern for these lines and not the 69 models since yours worked).

Lastly, I assume you ordered the front to rear brake line that they show under the 1971 Chrysler New Yorker heading but is shown in their drop down chart as for a 72 Fury? I did that too and it did work for me as well.

So I will close the loop with Stephanie one more time to make the change to the fitting you had to change at the BWS and to also suggest they might want to clarify the heading on the front to rear line as well and mention that the rear axle set should not be specified for a 69 model as well, since it won't work for those.

Here is the order with the part numbers from the Right Stuff...
73 front disc brake lines, and 69-71 part # HRA6901 for rear brake lines to drums.
The fitting to the BWS/MV was the wrong size, as mentioned earlier.
Right Stuff BL 73 Chry.jpg

That The Right Stuff even makes lines for C bodies is a plus, compared to most of the other companies that make very few, if any, is not lost on me at least. As such, they are in uncharted territory and will need some patient guidance to get them producing the right parts. Chrysler made a lot of changes year to year that are difficult for any company to comprehend, especially for low volume applications compared to A, B and E bodies.

Yeah, they could make a single to master conversion kit but for which models of single master cylinder vehicles? And what return on investment could they get?

They probably have a relatively poor return on any investment they make for C bodies as it is, but at least they are trying. To expect more is unreasonable and not symbolic of "arrogant pricks" IMO. Most folks don't work for nothing..............................

Except they make this part. I'm pretty sure there is only one part# for a slab side and I'm a form follows function kind of guy so just sell me the one for a 67 and I'll make it work on my 65. Except they won't put it on the truck.

As for the OP's dilemma, I can sympathize with both sides.

Kevin

Kevin

Here is the order with the part numbers from the Right Stuff...
73 front disc brake lines, and 69-71 part # HRA6901 for rear brake lines to drums.
The fitting to the BWS/MV was the wrong size, as mentioned earlier.
View attachment 312734

Tim, I checked all my 71 thru 73 C bodies (all with disc brakes in front) - that is 2 1971 Monacos, 2 1973 Monacos, and 10 1971 Chrysler 300s/New Yorkers and every single one of them does not have a line like HFB7301 for the left side disc brake that was listed on your order for your 71 New Yorker. I talked with Stephanie today at The Right Stuff, and she was helpful by sending me a photo of HFB 7301 and the ones I have had to use on all my cars in the same photo for comparison. Could you verify for me which of these two lines you actually installed and whether you had to modify the fitting and/or end of one of the lines?

I need to order a set of correct lines for Michel for Medina, and I need to know which one to order for it (I will talk with Wyatt later to see if he can tell) so he gets the correct set the first time.

So which one of these lines in the photo below is the one you used successfully in your 1971 New Yorker for the left side front line - and let me know if you recall making any modifications to it? The line with the red caps is HFB 7301 and the other line is the sample line from one of my cars used for making the one I needed for all 14 of my cars. I have a hard time believing that you would have something different than all of my cars?

Thank you.

71 300 left front brake line options.png

Back