Fuel line 66 polara

rd92west

plan C
Reaction score
I made new 3/8 fuel lines. I was wondering what others have done to join the 2 lines at the rear of the crossmember. Looks to me a 90 degree molded hose would be ideal. I have searched and Havnt found anything suitable . The original 5/16 line had a piece of hose bent in a bizarre fashion. I wonder if a spring inside some straight hose would allow it to make the bend and keep it from collapsing.

The two metal lines are joined with a small length of regular fuel hose and clamps. However, the rubber should not be bent or kinked, which suggests that something is out of allignment between the two metal lines. Please show us some pics of your situation so we can help better!

This will likely be hard to see. The round end is visible coming out of the frame rail. The line from the tank comes along the side of the body and will be trimmed to fit. I could bent the rear line so it would aim directly at the front line and use straight rubber fuel hose but would rather have it like it is in the picture. 90 degree molded hose would be simple.

IMG_20181203_141958.jpg

The body fuel line should have two bends at the end closest to the front that bring it close to the engine bay line where it exits the stub frame, like only 2 or three inches of rubber hose at most, NOT bent very much if at all.

If they're not lining up, then something is off - I.E. you have been sold the wrong body line or it's on backwards perhaps? I can't tell without better photos. I don't think it can go on backwards because there are similar bends with longer sections at the other end to line up to the tank outlets...

I'll try and get photos of my car's lines over the next day or so unless someone else can chime in here.

This picture better shows the line from the tank. I will blame my lack of skill for posting that first picture

IMG_20181203_170112.jpg

I am requesting info for the hose that connects the 2 lines under the car. Not were fuel line is connected to the fuel pump

Yes please get me pictures of your line. I bent my own and copied the original. I used nickle copper and can bend it easily at crossmember.

The line from the tank should have two ninety degree bends that make it line up with the forward section of tubing. This is from a 65 Polara with original tubing but should be near identical.
upload_2018-12-3_17-27-31.png

Last edited:
OK I am pretty sure I know what you mean. Makes sense. I was liking the look of the line tucked in along the side and then in close to the crossmember.
Thanks very much

I have a hunch the previous owner of this car did a certain amount of off roading with it. Or at least some deep snow and bad mud. I would expect they caught the fuel line on something and then did the best they could with what they had.

The line from the tank should have two ninety degree bends that make it line up with the forward section of tubing. This is from a 65 Polara with original tubing but should be near identical.
View attachment 234494

That is EXACTLY what I was referring to, thanks Polara 500 for coming up with pics.

You can see the small bit of rubber hose that cobnects the two lines is straight.

By the way, BOTH ends of each fuel line going into the rubber line should be bubble flared for safety - clamps can work loose with no flare. Not good near hot exhaust etc!

View attachment 234494
In your pic I see your car on your 4 post lift and a flat screen in the background on the wall. Talk about making the you suck list.:poke:

Back