WANTED Fuel Tank, rear seat 1965 Sport Fury Conv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1965SportFury

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello guys, I picked up a 1965 Sport Fury Convert. Last night. Everything seems to be present, with the exception of a rear seat, a fuel tank, and a front bumper. Mainly looking for a good or restoreable fuel tank, and the rear seat. I have a connection for good rechromed bumpers, unless someone has one in good shape for cheap. Any information about the tanks, as in will any others fit this model? It has the spout in the rear of the drivers quarter, Or where to get one or a good one for sale would be extremely helpfull. , Im in Southwest Washington, but will travel a fair distance if necessary. Or possibly pay shipping depending on the cost.. thanks in advance for any assistance.

Welcome to the group!

65 Fury is a 1-year/1-car tank. 66 Fury, and all other 65 cars, are different, as they fill from the rear.

I have a spare used tank (for 65 Fury), in ugly appearance but decent inside, except that 1 vent nipple is broken off. I have had 2 different people on FCBO say they wanted to buy it, but then both of them blew me off, so I'm getting sore feelings about this tank.

Call Murray Park in OH, Wildcat Wrecking (somewhere out west) and a few other big-name Mopar yards to get a feel for the market on this tank, if they have one, how much they charge, etc -- and then send me a PM if you're interested and we'll see if we can make a deal.

Welcome to the group!

65 Fury is a 1-year/1-car tank. 66 Fury, and all other 65 cars, are different, as they fill from the rear.

I have a spare used tank (for 65 Fury), in ugly appearance but decent inside, except that 1 vent nipple is broken off. I have had 2 different people on FCBO say they wanted to buy it, but then both of them blew me off, so I'm getting sore feelings about this tank.

Call Murray Park in OH, Wildcat Wrecking (somewhere out west) and a few other big-name Mopar yards to get a feel for the market on this tank, if they have one, how much they charge, etc -- and then send me a PM if you're interested and we'll see if we can make a deal.
Okay thanks for the reply I'm familiar with Wildcat auto wrecking their about an hour south of my location haven't called them yet as most things they have are expensive in my experience things I found on Craigslist for $75 dollars might cost $300 there however they have a huge selection of mopar stuff I'll give them a call tomorrow and find out what they have and how much they charge for them. Is the tank that you have and restorable condition do you think? I've also considered the option of having one built that will fit the situation I work to the middle fabrication shop for some time as a laser operator and in that time we've built all kinds of Tanks just a matter of finding one to get the measurements and exact fit again thanks for your reply and I will get back to you as soon as I check prices and availability other places

Any update? Find a tank?
Supposed to have found one in good shape, coming from a yard in Winnipeg if all places. Found one in a wrecking yard on my way to the Turlock swap meet last weekend, but when pulled it was dented badly, and several holes from Roy.... Rough shape. If this one falls through I'll be looking for one to restore. I'll know in a week or so.

Any update? Find a tank?
Hey there again. I ordered a tank from Allied Auto parts in Winnepeg.Said they had 2 available , one in canada, one here in the states. 285$ or 325$ depending on the quality of the tanks. told them to get me the best one. That was late January, its nowmid March, and hereI am with no tank, and 250$ deposit taken from my bank account, and im treated like a pushy asshile when i call and politely ask where or when I might expect my part.... Feelin a bit Chafed at the moment. so, pm me, let me know what youd have tp have for yours, shipped here to Wash. state. 98591 zip code. get back to me , i wont say i will buy it for sure yet, but see what kinda deal we can manage and maybe work something. thanks for your time and responses. hope to hear from u soon.

Ok, so my tanks supposed to be on the way finally, does anyone maybe have some pics if the correct tank? or measurments or ??? i have pics of what they want to send me, but not of the corret tank to verify. Any help would be outstanding!!!! thanks folks!!!!

Just make it easier on all of us and post the pics they gave you, just need the one showing the rear of the tank where the filler hole is.

Hello guys, I picked up a 1965 Sport Fury Convert. Last night. Everything seems to be present, with the exception of a rear seat, a fuel tank, and a front bumper. Mainly looking for a good or restoreable fuel tank, and the rear seat. I have a connection for good rechromed bumpers, unless someone has one in good shape for cheap. Any information about the tanks, as in will any others fit this model? It has the spout in the rear of the drivers quarter, Or where to get one or a good one for sale would be extremely helpfull. , Im in Southwest Washington, but will travel a fair distance if necessary. Or possibly pay shipping depending on the cost.. thanks in advance for any assistance.
I have a tank for sale but it has a dent. not a drop of rust or scale but plenty of undercoating. very clean inside- no scale at all. So if you are good at scraping and can fix a dent, its a great candidate. PM me for pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back