Fuselage Prices/Supply/Demand/Price History--opinions, predictions, thoughts in general

... I have seen the 65 and 66's going up to some ridiculous prices. I have seen a 68 fury convertible in the ads for over 50,000!!!!.....
I wish you all the best in your search but don't go into it based it on the activity of scammers looking for a sucker. That is irrelevant to any real price trend.

Thanks for your good wishes. I would like to ask you all what the price range is for a 69 fury hardtop? It is supposedly rust free CA car and the engine was a 383 replaced with a 71 440. The fact that it is not a # matching car does not really bother me but if it is rust free as they state would mean the world to me. It had AC but all of the underhood stuff is gone. I would want to get that going again.
Any thoughts from you guys would be great as I leave tomorrow on a 370 mile drive to see it.

Thanks for your good wishes. I would like to ask you all what the price range is for a 69 fury hardtop? It is supposedly rust free CA car and the engine was a 383 replaced with a 71 440. The fact that it is not a # matching car does not really bother me but if it is rust free as they state would mean the world to me. It had AC but all of the underhood stuff is gone. I would want to get that going again.
Any thoughts from you guys would be great as I leave tomorrow on a 370 mile drive to see it.
The Collector Car Market Guide puts it between $2275 (#4) and $5200 (#3). I recently had a chance to buy a '73 Sport Suburban wagon with a 400 that's been sealed in a garage and hasn't moved for 25 years. I offered $3K and they want $5K. I may hit 'em at $4k and see if they'll bite. Happy Shopping!

Not quite...Yours has a white gut.
Very nice!!!
Ah, I just looked at your again, you're right! :thumbsup:

Is that you car's original color? If so, what's the paint code on the fender tag? What about the roof, originally white? My car was originally silver with a black top. Would love to paint it silver again, but I'll keep the top white. Don't want anyone to think I'm a Raiders fan!!
:rofl:

Snotty,
The paint code is FF4 (Lime Green). And, the white colored top is original. The fact that the interior wasn't green (like most green cars from that era) kept me from looking away. The white top kinda sold me on her. It looks great in person, top up or down (at least per my tastes).
I really like the way yours looks with the white interior. Then again, I'm a sucker for white interiors. I have stockpiled everything to do my Barracuda ragtop with a white gut when I get to that point in her resto.

Snotty,
The paint code is FF4 (Lime Green). And, the white colored top is original. The fact that the interior wasn't green (like most green cars from that era) kept me from looking away. The white top kinda sold me on her. It looks great in person, top up or down (at least per my tastes).
I really like the way yours looks with the white interior. Then again, I'm a sucker for white interiors. I have stockpiled everything to do my Barracuda ragtop with a white gut when I get to that point in her resto.

Same for me. I'm stocking up parts to swap my red Magnum interior to white/navy blue dash-carpet.

Snotty,
The white was original to my car, but it needs replacing - showing lots of wear, carpet too, although that was replaced in its past.

Back