WANTED Fuselage Wagon Vinyl Top Moldings

Status
Not open for further replies.

71Polara383

Kid with ballcap
Reaction score
Contact seller
In search of vinyl top moldings for a wagon. I believe a full top was optional on 72-73 Chrysler wagons, but I'm not entirely sure. I am looking to add vinyl to one of my wagons, and need the moldings.

Let me know. Thanks.

Decades ago there was a 1972 Fury Sport Suburban in a junk yard near me that had a factory vinyl top. I believe that it had Brougham emblems on the D pillar.

Jeff

Decades ago there was a 1972 Fury Sport Suburban in a junk yard near me that had a factory vinyl top. I believe that it had Brougham emblems on the D pillar.

Jeff
I know what I'm asking for is going to be difficult to locate.

But thats why the C body community is the best. Someone. Somewhere. Knows or has something. Eventually I'll find what I need.

Here's another. Family heirloom headed to auction | ClassicCars.com Journal 1972 Chrysler Town & Country in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

Sold for $55K! https://www.conceptcarz.com/profile/11174,14787/1972-chrysler-town-and-country.aspx

1701694382242.png

I know what I'm asking for is going to be difficult to locate.

But thats why the C body community is the best. Someone. Somewhere. Knows or has something. Eventually I'll find what I need.

Have you ventured into the parts books yet to see if you can find any numbers? It looks like the only additional pieces that you will need are the short ones on the D pillars.

Another option would be to do it slightly custom by leaving the D pillar and spoiler painted and use some universal trim at the end of the vinyl, similar to the '71-'74 Chargers with the partial vinyl roof.

Jeff

Have you ventured into the parts books yet to see if you can find any numbers? It looks like the only additional pieces that you will need are the short ones on the D pillars.

Another option would be to do it slightly custom by leaving the D pillar and spoiler painted and use some universal trim at the end of the vinyl, similar to the '71-'74 Chargers with the partial vinyl roof.

Jeff
I dont have a 72 book on hand unfortunately

Going back to the pic of @glennb49 's wagon, I think the profile of the trim is similar to other cars. The first one I thought of is the 68-70 B-body vinyl trim. I'll bet that you could rework this trim and make it work.

In fact, I would not be surprised if Chrysler used an "off the shelf" piece of trim and had it reworked rather than tooling up for a very small production run. Take a look at 1968-72 vinyl trim on all the Mopars.

VT3.jpg

B-Body trim

1701792002398.png

Going back to the pic of @glennb49 's wagon, I think the profile of the trim is similar to other cars. The first one I thought of is the 68-70 B-body vinyl trim. I'll bet that you could rework this trim and make it work.

In fact, I would not be surprised if Chrysler used an "off the shelf" piece of trim and had it reworked rather than tooling up for a very small production run. Take a look at 1968-72 vinyl trim on all the Mopars.

View attachment 631005

B-Body trim

View attachment 631006
I think 28 and 29 would go together. Otherwise the vinyl would be exposed along the window, unless it was wrapped around the D pillar prior to the window being installed.

I didn't notice the vertical piece in the photo of the red T&C. That's going to make things a bit tougher if you want it to be 100% authentic.

I just thought of another model that has similar trim around the rear windows...I knew I seen it before.

20220529_110247.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back