Gas mileage on a 1977 Newport with a 400

I need to do more than that. I believe my valve guides are leaking big time. I need a new oil pan, timing gear set, etc. I'm thinking of stroking the motor, zero deck pistons, aluminum heads, a performance cam (not outrageous), 2500 stall converter.
Is it using oil?

Yep. Starts and runs fine.

I suspect oil is getting past the rings a bit too.

I need to do more than that. I believe my valve guides are leaking big time. I need a new oil pan, timing gear set, etc. I'm thinking of stroking the motor, zero deck pistons, aluminum heads, a performance cam (not outrageous), 2500 stall converter.

Give it a cam that makes it cackle. . .

Are you putting one of those in your "parts car".

Yes! But I'm not sure where the engine in that car will end up. My initial plan was to take it out and put it in the convertible. Although the parts car has some issues, it just may be too nice to do that. Decisions. . . Decisions. . .

Yes! But I'm not sure where the engine in that car will end up. My initial plan was to take it out and put it in the convertible. Although the parts car has some issues, it just may be too nice to do that. Decisions. . . Decisions. . .
Cannibal... C- bodies shouldn't kill C-bodies... :poke:

I'm still deciding what I'm going to do. I'm not in a hurry. Stroker kit with zero deck pistons and aluminum heads for sure. I'm going to use a 69-71 spec performance cam that is a little more than stock but not too wild... so I have vacuum for the brakes.

I'm still deciding what I'm going to do. I'm not in a hurry. Stroker kit with zero deck pistons and aluminum heads for sure. I'm going to use a 69-71 spec performance cam that is a little more than stock but not too wild... so I have vacuum for the brakes.

We don't need any steenking brakes!

Speaking of which...
Update?

Stan: Thanks for checking in on this. When I returned home, I had my trusted mechanic order a new power brake booster with master cylinder from NAPA. It is now installed and working great. Since then, no sphincter abuse has occurred. . .

Stan: Thanks for checking in on this. When I returned home, I had my trusted mechanic order a new power brake booster with master cylinder from NAPA. It is now installed and working great. Since then, no sphincter abuse has occurred. . .

I'm still sure the sphincter strain is a sign you did it wrong...

But I am glad its all better now.:thumbsup:

Some funny stuff, thanks gents!

I had ah 323 Sure grip in the Batwagon and got 8.000 MPG Hiway and city. Then I hooked up with our friend Murray Park and he fixed me up with ah 276 open rear end. Then I waz all the way up to 8.001 and $250 poorer. But that beast weighed in at 5800lbs. with ah full tank(23.7 gallonz) and me in it at all of 150 lbs. lol Jer

I had ah 323 Sure grip in the Batwagon and got 8.000 MPG Hiway and city. Then I hooked up with our friend Murray Park and he fixed me up with ah 276 open rear end. Then I waz all the way up to 8.001 and $250 poorer. But that beast weighed in at 5800lbs. with ah full tank(23.7 gallonz) and me in it at all of 150 lbs. lol Jer
I would have thought it would have jumped to at least 8. 1 :p

Back