Gearbox identification tips

Seb'74

Reaction score
Hi all,
Maybe this has allready been asked, but, how can we identify a gearbox? I mean, on 74 Fury, gearbox could be A904 or A727, but I don't know how to sort it out. I have to change the gearbox pan gasket and other inside parts, and I don't know what gearbox it is.
My car : 1974 Fury Gran Sedan, with 400 cid 2bbl., PP43M4F. Thanks for your help friends!

Your car will have a 727.

No 904 trans was ever used with a big block, like your 400 engine.

Hi all,
Maybe this has allready been asked, but, how can we identify a gearbox? I mean, on 74 Fury, gearbox could be A904 or A727, but I don't know how to sort it out. I have to change the gearbox pan gasket and other inside parts, and I don't know what gearbox it is.
My car : 1974 Fury Gran Sedan, with 400 cid 2bbl., PP43M4F. Thanks for your help friends!

You can also decode your fender tag or build sheet. The specific transmission will be listed on both.

Dave

You can also decode your fender tag or build sheet. The specific transmission will be listed on both.

Dave
Hi Dave, actually, my build sheet looks like egyptian papyrus found after 3000 years in a grave... I'll post a pic of it soon. And the fender tag "seemed" to tell me it's an A904, that's why I was a litlle surprised. But I found good info with your replies guys, :thankyou:
Sebastien

Back