GJS's 67 Monaco 500 - Restoration Time

I don’t know where you are on the repairs....but Good luck. Floors looked decent ...even with the patching needed...given the potential here in New England. Best of luck on the window track repairs/refabrication. Will keep an. Eye out for another parts car if I see one. I know of a garage with a small bone yard with some old dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler’s hidden in the back. I will swing by to see if they have a Monaco. May save some time refabricating.

I don’t know where you are on the repairs....but Good luck. Floors looked decent ...even with the patching needed...given the potential here in New England. Best of luck on the window track repairs/refabrication. Will keep an. Eye out for another parts car if I see one. I know of a garage with a small bone yard with some old dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler’s hidden in the back. I will swing by to see if they have a Monaco. May save some time refabricating.
I'm not too deep yet. I'm setting up the garage when it's not too cold to be out there and tracking down some needed parts to get the interior back together when the time comes. I'm working on welding and metal fab in my heated shop when I have time so I'll be ready when I gotta zip her up.
Thanks for checking in!

Approach your project with a sense of adventure and education and it will be a enjoyable journey with great rewards and gratification when finished. Don't get to involved in the nut & bolt aspect.
As you know I have been coaxing my 67 Polara 500 back to life after over 45 years off the road and am very near driving her. I'm facing the seat upholstery also. Driver seat will need to be rebuilt and I will do the passenger as well just so they will match. No repop covers available so will need to be sewn by my trimmer. I anticipate a $1k bill on that.

There is a lot of experienced help here and I have been on the receiving end of it several times. Don't be afraid to ask.
I'll be following along. Good luck,

saw this and thought of you. likely not enough parts to make it worthwhile. 1967 dodge polara
00N0N_bCBfKKjlHCH_600x450.jpg

Back