Glut of Unsold Cars Pushes Fiat Chrysler Into Bargain Mode

Why would one expect Fiat to understand the US market.
First clue they were out of touch were these “Studios” they call dealerships.
The German brands are much less arrogant selling far superior product.
The 500 may have succeeded had they been available through all dealers.

Hey, look at what Harley has done with their dealerships. They went from motorcycle shops where motorcycles were sold and serviced to clothing and lifestyle boutiques complete with espresso machines.

I don't get it? They pump these things out faster then rabbits at a gang bang, then they're stuck with them at the end of the year, I just don't get it? I also hate the fact that you have to accept all the extraneous BS that they put into cars that I personally don't want! It'd be great to walk into a dealer and order a car the way you want it, and not the way they think you want it!

Many things may justify the sales bank. Union contracts sometimes with those “job guarantees” they had. Maybe sales races like Ford had with Toyota. Taurus vs Camry. Don’t wait for the movie.:rolleyes: Also the bank will pile up if a plant is going down for a major renovation. Which has been the big sticking point for a new paint shop in Warren Truck for years. They couldn’t afford to stop any Ram production. The much needed new ps is finally on the way.
I never understood loading up the sales bank at end of model year run in July when they had a brand new product coming out in fall. Dealers often were encouraged shall we say to take a percentage of old models in order to get the new models on their lots.
And yeah, nearly every vehicle pulled out of the bank gets heavily discounted.

I have always enjoyed manual trans also. But you gotta admit those fwd mopars had the worst shifter linkage ever. The main drawback of my 88 Daytona Shelby Z.

Last edited:
Bob, I'm talking any regular 6 spd Scat Pack. Forget about special editions...
Remember that the auto is an option for the US market. More options = higher price = more profit. They don't care about you, it's the bottom line that matters. Maybe I'm just cynical.

Those 100 are the only 6 speeds they made in 2019.
I think we're on two different pages, Bob.
I'm talking about just a regular old Challenger RT 392 Scat Pack.
6 spd manual is standard.

Screenshot_20191225_100650.jpg

Ok....thought you were referring to the limited special edition cars I referenced.

Wow! $30k for 80hp and a widebody kit? Can't forget the wider tires.

Pro's and Con's for both cars.

The biggest problem with Hellcats and Scat Packs is that you need the Widebody to put wheels bigger than 9.5" wide. Even though I have the Hellcat rear end and Demon 41 spline axles....can't put anything bigger than the 9.5 " wheels and really can't put anything bigger than 275 tires safely on a Scat Pack or a Hellcat without a Widebody. The 11 x 20's wheels are needed badly on those cars. My Charger is an R/T Scat Pack Plus so I get all of the Hellcat stuff plus the 9.5" wheels with the 275 tires and the 6 piston Brembo's and the big rotors. The regular Scat Packs only get the 9" wheels with 245 tires. And the 4 piston Brembo's and the smaller rotors.

I'll never be a full time or regular participant on the 1/4 mile but I want to be able to make serious passes on the 1/4 mile once or twice a year. With a few mods, slicks, and a custom tune....I could get into the high 10's with my Scat Pack.....or that stock Hellcat I mentioned. Lol

Back