Going to be a Grandfather

LeBaron1973

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Fiona and I learned yesterday that her youngest son Jsmes and partner Nikki are expecting their first child, probably next March, making us grandparents.for the first time.

Going to be interesting as I never had kids and never expected to be a grandfather lol.

Just wanted to share the good news.

Fiona and I learned yesterday that her youngest son Jsmes and partner Nikki are expecting their first child, probably next March, making us grandparents.for the first time.

Going to be interesting as I never had kids and never expected to be a grandfather lol.

Just wanted to share the good news.

Congratulations. We are expecting our 3rd grand daughter in about two weeks.

Dave

I am expecting number 6 in November... Makes for GREAT family moments, especially dinners. Aside from my Dad I am now the oldest at the table. At 54 I am anticipating many more kids at the table before I kick.

Good for you, do they know what the sex is?

I skipped kids and went straight to grandkids, it was awesome. Borrow them and when you're done, give them back! They are so much fun, congratulations.

I am expecting number 6 in November... Makes for GREAT family moments, especially dinners. Aside from my Dad I am now the oldest at the table. At 54 I am anticipating many more kids at the table before I kick.

Good for you, do they know what the sex is?
Not yet, conception likely July, Nikki did a home pregnancy test which revealed she was pregnant and they went to the doctor yesterday but the midwife said there's no point as the home kits are pretty accurate.

I'll let everyone know when we know.
I'm guessing within a month or so???

I skipped kids and went straight to grandkids, it was awesome. Borrow them and when you're done, give them back! They are so much fun, congratulations.

Always fun to give them lots of sugar before you send them home.

Dave

congrats. me too about a month ago. of course with all of the covid b.s. we can't go see him and they can't come to us :mad:

Congratulations. We currently have 7, oldest is 21, youngest are 7 (twins).Number 8 is on the way and due in December. Grandkids are the best, enjoy them while you're young enough.

Congrats!! We're at 6 granddaughters now after raising 4 sons. Being a grandparent is the best gig in the world!

Congratulations, you will have a great time. My oldest grandson just turned 18 and he has been dating a really nice girl for the last two years, they are working on getting their own place, so great grandchild # 1 could be here in the not so distant future.

Congrats John! You will love having an ankle biter around I am sure. Both my girls haven’t expressed any interest in kids unfortunately but I do have Grandpups and Grandcats lol

Congrats on the great news. My baby boy (soon to be 22) just got married last week, they are saying 3-5 years for the first grandchild. I have plenty of other kids that we think of our own that have had children, so we get the grandparent experience early. I have found that it's different than when my kids were young, maybe because I am older:rolleyes:

Back