Going to see 300 cars Saturday Slabs, A's, Fuzzie's, trucks

Wow! That is quite the story. Only young once I would say. Good thing you decided to grow up after that.

The Honda sure looks like an 84-85 XR250R.
2 YR only motor 4 valve twin carb dual exhaust. Very cool and unique
And they are very difficult to find parts for. I had an 85 XR I dug out of the dirt. REbuilt it and gathered all the parts 20 years ago and it was very difficult to find parts for it. If it's complete that is a great bike.

That red ramcharger caught my eye. I didn't see a single 68 New Yorker. Lots of great sheetmetal there. Not sure if there is a one single gold mine car though.
The red 'trailduster"? It was originally green and has a bunch of bondo. But it would be super cool. Traildusters are very difficult to find.

The 1960 LeBaron is the pick of the bunch for me, even smashed up as it is, I'd take it. The wheel covers are very hard to come by, worth a bit of money, NOS covers are around $500 each, so a good set of 4 would bring at least a thousand dollars. Lots of other unique to the LeBaron good parts on it as well. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. That is what I am wondering. I have zero idea of what anything there is worth with exception of the fury and 70 imperial (kinda).
It really helps me to understand what i am leaving behind to grow into the dirt and what I should not be leaving behind.

Well, I pretty much couldn't buy anything. The "family" wants too much for anything and everything.
No deals, even on multiple cars.

I bought the 72 newport with the 400 and the busted up drivers doors as that is how I got on the yard and that is what caused me to spend some 6 hours of the guys time. I paid twice what he paid for it. I purchased it out of simple respect.
Basically I won't be buying any cars from this private personal yard. The dirt farmers around the area have so much money that I just can't afford to purchase anything because even these parts cars are worth 'THOUSANDS" of dollars to the derby guys and or farmers. All of those parts cars could be used for the derby and the derby guys are willing to pay thousands for those turds(as I am told).

I tried to get the 69 fury, the 60 imperial and the 70 imperial in a lump buy after I couldn't get anywhere on the garage cars.
A thousand won't buy the parts cars. That fury really doesn't have much to be had on it. The 70 imperial has very few parts.

Here are pics of the close to junk that i bought for twice the price as it was purchased for a few weeks ago. Out of respect for his willingness to allow me to look at his cars.

That will probably be it for this yard. At least I have 3 other private yards of 500 cars each to go take a look at and then be told that they are worth gold also without making a deal and spending my valuable weekend.

20230430_161712.jpg

20230430_161800.jpg

20230430_161803.jpg

20230430_161837.jpg

Shame about the '60 Imperial wheel covers, they should be on someone's pride and joy, not sitting in a field.

The 1960 LeBaron is the pick of the bunch for me, even smashed up as it is, I'd take it. The wheel covers are very hard to come by, worth a bit of money, NOS covers are around $500 each, so a good set of 4 would bring at least a thousand dollars. Lots of other unique to the LeBaron good parts on it as well. Thanks for sharing.
That‘s a Crown. Those aren’t rare wheelcovers.

Their value on this parts car is too much. So much so that they wouldn't give me a price for the parts car as I am trying to buy cars that won't role for a G or so. They acted like I insulted them or something. "better not sell any of the imperials" as it was recommended by the family. Best to let them sit in the field of dirt. I"m sure they will sell it to someone for 4K and make their retirements for the grandkids.

Back