Good news from TONYSPARTS ,dizzy vacuum canisters 440

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I emailed Tonysparts.com . They said to contact them in a few months regarding vacuum canisters for distributors so I did. They hope to have them in stock sometime in August.
I think this is great news.

That is good news. I recently tried tracking one down, the only one in Canada was 3000 miles away and cost around 65$ CAD. I was surprized that the freshly rebuilt '70 distributor from autoline didn't come with one. Once I tried to locate one I realized why.

I last year bought a Cardone points dizzy for my 440. It came with a new vacuum canister. My 440 was not running as well so I decided to do a tune up. Just to be methodical I pulled a vacuum on the canister and it was like sucking on a straw without any Liquid . I saved my old dizzy and put that canister in and all was well. But when I tried to find a new or used one ,,there weren't to be found. I called Cardone because it was under warranty but they wanted the whole thing back. I tried to buy the canister directly from them but could not. Weird

This is the new one that failed. Cardone couldnt give me a part number or who made the thing. They tried and could not find anything.

IMG_20170605_231807.jpg

I wouldn't doubt it.

I wouldn't doubt it.
I'm glad he is going to do them but I just went ahead and drilled the point plate to use the later model electronic advance. I just had to make sure that the pin does not stick up above the plate before you put points back in. I had to take a small amount off of pin. Seems to be working well I'll know more by the time the Nats rolls around

I was just looking at these in the Classic Industries catalog. Look like new pieces. not remanufactured. For 61 thru 78 models.

Back