Got my Sunday best soaked today

Blish

Reaction score
I have a slight problem with my MOPAR today. The old girl let me down in the rain when the window wouldn't come back up. I have no power to any of the switches in the car. The circuit breaker works because the door locks work. What can cause this? Thanks!

-Paul

I found a wiring diagram but its kinda sketchy so im going to poke around with the switch. I need to find the feed wire to the switch and then all the ones that go to the doors and the negatives and positives and the body ground... theres 10 wires to play with.

16399751946584042742982996286617.jpg

16399751655328267954407535807400.jpg

If someone knows which wire is feed and ground that would be very appreciated because the wiring diagram i found us for a SIXTY SEVEN and mine is a SEVENTY SEVEN

16399763092295701292666304734502.jpg

TAN IS FEED! all the wires towards the door are positive polarity and all the ones away are ground and negative polarity. When fed positive to the negative polarity and negative to the positive it rolls the window the opposite way... like a standard car window motor.

Aka I figured out windows on my own. Hope this is helpful to somebody. Bad feed wire.

That would be very much appreciated as the book i have in the shop is about as good as a bunch of papers I could roll blunts with that information is just so inaccurate
Will do, stand by. For some reason I doubt a broken wire and the issue is probably somewhere else.

If someone knows which wire is feed and ground that would be very appreciated because the wiring diagram i found us for a SIXTY SEVEN and mine is a SEVENTY SEVEN
You might find some information here.There are manuals you can download. I see the newest is a 72 but often the wiring is similar between years. (power feeds and wire colors etc)
Service Manuals – MyMopar

The window lift relay is powered by fuse #2 (5amp) this gives ignition switch power to energize the relay when the key is turned. May just be a bad fuse.

Check there and report back.

The window lift relay is powered by fuse #2 (5amp) this gives ignition switch power to energize the relay when the key is turned. May just be a bad fuse.

Check there and report back.
Fuse is blown. My owners manual says it just powers dash lights but thats a lie because the window works!

Back