Got Pranked By My Tires-77 New Yorker

Speaking of batteries, my family just purchased a 75 F100 and the battery is leaking profusely. Any recommendations on how to move forward without getting blown up?

Lots of baking soda, as stated above.
Disconnect the negative side first. preferably at the engine side.
Face and hand protection is always a good idea when working with batteries.

Last edited:
I had a 20 year old co-worker working on his car in the parking lot at work 45 years ago. He hooked up the battery backwards and blew the entire top off the battery. He didn't have any safety gear on. Even worse...he had his mouth open. He got battery acid in his mouth, up his nose, and in his eyes. No one knew he was in the parking lot and we didnt find him until lunch time. Took him forever to recover from that and ended up with loss of taste, smell, and needed glasses.

Nope, still in VA, I always think of Virginia as home to the best peanuts, maybe I'll change it to Ham State? You can't beat Edward's or Smithfield. And thank you for the battery tip
Yea I use to eat these Peanuts, the label on the bag of shelled Peanuts said "Virginia Peanuts" but when I looked at the back contents label it said "Product of Texas" plus also said 'Jumbo' and as I was eating the peanuts while watching Nascar with a friend I'd hold up the one out of the pile that I would consider as 'Jumbo' and showed him.... laff. Such as it is with products these daze.

SXLP-11oz_360x.png

Fook'in batteries, I never really had problems with them, learned from my motorcycle days, just put a new one in every 2 years, the years I tried to stretch it out for a 3rd season it crapped out and lucky me still had the kick starter version. Did everything right too, brought it into the basement, made sure it wasn't on concrete, trickled it every month, good quality Yuasa battery too.
Same for the cars, save yourself a lot of electrical headaches by keeping a fresh battery hooked up. Even had a trick to jack the Sears DieHard pro-rate.

Back