WANTED Green steering wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding one with no cracks is hard.

You might be able to find a green leather wrapped one on a regular column out of a Charger/Magnum or whatever. A little lathe machining and it'll bolt right on to the T&T column.

Before....

DSC01959.jpg

Machining....

steering wheel 064.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

steering wheel 064.jpg

One of none Formal Ny'er with a blue leather wrapped (Hemi) steering wheel.:poke:

Thanks Bob! I'm finding out how hard it is to find one. I see Stans buddy still has the red one on ebay.

I really want one of the 3 spoke wheel-

But the back side looks like it would be way too big. Think a regular tuff wheel would work on the tilt? Might just have to go with an aftermarket wheel.

Thanks Bob! I'm finding out how hard it is to find one. I see Stans buddy still has the red one on ebay.

I really want one of the 3 spoke wheel-

But the back side looks like it would be way too big. Think a regular tuff wheel would work on the tilt? Might just have to go with an aftermarket wheel.

Scrap the aftermarket steering wheel idea on a T&T column.......no one makes one that will work.

The only way a 3 spoke will work is if it has the slots like my blue steering wheel. Of course you would have to machine the hub like this one too.

attachment.php

Thanks Stan. I'll keep that in mind. It would kill me to dye a red NOS wheel green.

On another note, I think my aftermarket wheels may have opened up possibly. This is not a teloscopic wheel. Just a tilt wheel. There seems to be a kit grant has for tilt wheels in B bodies (cordoba).

The Tuff steering wheel was optional equipment on the 'doba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back