Grille trim clip source?

dodgechargerfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for these?

3314e483b268f60a.jpg

They're for the grille moulding on my 71 NewYorker.

I've checked a lot of online sources and just haven't seen them yet.

Thanks for any pointers.

I needed them for my '70. I took an old one and went to a parts shop in Bakersfield. I looked at all of their clips until I found some that would work if I trimmed a piece off. The ones I used I think were for a Honda. I clipped off the stuff I didn't need - worked great to this day. 13 years.

Last edited:
When I got my car the front trim was gone. I found the pieces in a junk yard, but all of the clips were bad.

Before:
P1010031.JPG

After:
IMG_4565.JPG

@Snotty do remember how many clips you needed for the two trim pieces?
I just counted the holes and bought that many, plus two in case I broke a few. I can see that 18 are needed for the bottom and sides, I cannot see how many are needed across the top of the grill in this picture. (I have one of each side; they are identical, of course.)
P1010029.JPG

thanks Snotty. I counted 20 holes. lol so I purchased 25 clips.

Jeff is sending them out today! woo-hoo!

I got my order of clips today. They are exactly correct!!
Not that I doubted you Luigi. I just can't believe how difficult they were to track down and was skeptical until I got them in my hands.

You're welcome...That's were this forum is all about: tips, trics and suggestions, and ofcourse the same interest in Mopars :thumbsup:

thanks Snotty. I counted 20 holes. lol so I purchased 25 clips.

Jeff is sending them out today! woo-hoo!
There has to be more than 20. In the above picture you can see 9 in the green, that's 18 for both sides. There's got to be more than 2 on the top - even 5. Make sure you have enough.

There has to be more than 20. In the above picture you can see 9 in the green, that's 18 for both sides. There's got to be more than 2 on the top - even 5. Make sure you have enough.

thanks. ill try and add-on to it. hopefully he didnt ship it yet. even if he did, there are a few good one that are on there yet.

Back