Installing small front of window guides in 1966 Monaco 500 - help!

Reaction score
I just purchased the parts to replace the front window guides on my 1966 Monaco 500 hardtop with power windows
Can someone give me pointers on how to install these?
I've seen some videos that indicate there is a screw at the top, I don't see any screw at the top.
Do I have to remove the entire wind wing assembly?
Should I purchase new bottom window mount pieces?
I figure that I won't be able to take them apart after 57 years they won't be re-usable.
All advice is welcome
Thanks
Scott

@Mike66Chryslers can help you.

There is a little triangle of rubber at the top of the vent window channel - that has to come off. Small phillips head screw. That will allow the window to come completely out of the track once you've done the rest of the stuff to remove it from the door. Then the guide is a press fit into the vent window channel, and the slide is held into the window glass by two sets of clips that should be included in your kit. They also serve as indexing devices if memory serves.

I suggest if you don't already have it, download the factory service manual. It's free.

Service Manuals – MyMopar

That is great news, thanks.
I was afraid I would have to take the entire assembly apart.
I guess I should purchase new pastic attachment parts too, correct?
I appreciate the information. I've done almost everything to an old Dodge, but never this!
Scott

I made a how-to on installing the window sliders on the front edge of the window. It's a photo album on my FB account. It is public so hopefully you can view it even if you don't have a FB account.

While you have the window out, I recommend replacing the plastic rivet that holds the track onto the bottom of the window. rtspecialties.net has them, but they don't list C-body applications, so you may need to call and describe what you need, or someone here may know the part number. (Or buy from National Moparts. Nigel will know what you need.)

You may also need to replace the "fuzz" in the rear vertical track, mounted inside the door, that the window slides in. I bought that from National Moparts. They sell it by the foot.

Last edited:
Back