Had a rough and good week

LizB

Reaction score
I had a rough and good week at work this week.A high school principal and I had a few students come up to me thanking me for my military service,they know I served 4 years in the Marine.Most of the students I know very well call me this,"the Marine"One reason why I am like a Marines drill instructor dealing with the bad kids.I had to deal with a few bad kids.One was with one student whom disrespected a teacher after refusing to hand his cell phone to her.Caught him texting in class and he knew better,no cell phones in class.I suspended him for 2 days and his mom was not too happy what he did.There is one girl I have to deal with once in a while and it happened yesterday,was wearing revealing clothing.I know the dress code and told her in my office.It was with her top and asked her to cover it up.Did at first and I ended up calling her parents.Her parents were not too happy with her as well and did tell her put on another not revealing before leaving for the bus in the morning.I hope it gets better next week.

Sounds like the school staff, parents and students are benefiting from your mentoring activities. A lot of patience and empathy is needed to handle teenagers when their hormones are raging. You must find this work very rewarding.

I am glad we still have people like you to maintain order. My fear are some of the kids parents who don't give a F#$K and say you did something wrong....

Last edited:
I’d love to know approximately where in MI you are.

Revealing clothes this time of year in Michigan sounds like suicidal tendencies in the first place.

Some kids don't like to listen and are jerks.The parents and staff say I do a great job as a principal

The parents say I am doing my job right.The good kids,they like having me around.A couple seniors,a young man and a young lady are going to enlist in the Marines in April.Both good kids and talked me about it.The same Marines recruiter I had was in Tuesday.

Glad to hear that the parents on the same page with you - sadly, that does not happen that often.

Glad to hear that the parents on the same page with you - sadly, that does not happen that often.
I have had a few parents saying their son or daughter is a good kid that gets in trouble.I don't buy that.One was with mom,I caught her son smoking marijauna on school grounds last year.She said I was too strict on the punishment,suspended him for 10 days going by the policy.

Thanks for all you do for kids. I am an assistant principal for a middle and high school in Illinois. I think every week is a rough week and a good week. Hope you have a great rest of your school year.

I care about the kids,the good kids know me very well.Biggest thing is they get to know me and I get to know them.One thing they know about me is I only like Mopars and a Graveyard Carz fanatic.I am always there for them too.The trouble makers,they try to out smart me and this does not work.

Back