HAD THE EXTREME PLEASURE

I thought I should keep this post separate, while I whine... Apologies to members who live in these places, but my trip home sucked as the snowbirds had taken over the interstate. A Canadian plate was like the kiss of death for the fast lane, and I didn't even know Quebec had that much population... do they all come to FL in the winter?

Before you think I'm anti-Canuck,:canada:, the "Lower Canada" boarder state's had a bunch of real winners representing them too... I suppose there is an application required if you move to NY to prove your a big enough Ahole to survive. The VT plates seem to indicate a lack of understanding as to how the left lane works, IDK, maybe they have them there? NJ may as well be annexed to NY, if it hasn't been already... I even had a handful of Alaskan plates on the road with me...

Yes, I am aware that if everybody around you is an Ahole, the problem is probably not them...

In short, the trip south sucked, unbelievable how few plates on the packed highway (95) were local.

You hit peak migration time, right after Christmas. It's busy, but not nearly as much, along I15 going through SLC onward to Vegas at that time.

You hit peak migration time, right after Christmas. It's busy, but not nearly as much, along I15 going through SLC onward to Vegas at that time.
Thanks... I'll try to remember that for future trips. Chose this weekend because the stars finally aligned for both Bob and me. Don't those french speaking Canucks have 4 lanes to practice on up there? My apologies to anyone who had a black Ram in their rear view blinking the "wake up and move over signal"... left is for going faster than the car next to you. I spent a lot of miles off to the right too... sometimes it's easier to just relax and try to go with the flow... but not so much when they sell 5th wheels to Toyota drivers...:wtf:

Bob was the key for this mission. The poor guy had held some parts for me for way too long and even though I'd stayed in contact, it was getting ridiculous. It would have been cheaper to ship them, but I really wanted to get to visit him and Gary... and I missed Jer at Carlisle last year. Then I figured I'd pop in and inspect Zac's new digs... My thanks to everyone... planning in advance is, obviously, not something I do well.

Thanks... I'll try to remember that for future trips. Chose this weekend because the stars finally aligned for both Bob and me. Don't those french speaking Canucks have 4 lanes to practice on up there? My apologies to anyone who had a black Ram in their rear view blinking the "wake up and move over signal"... left is for going faster than the car next to you. I spent a lot of miles off to the right too... sometimes it's easier to just relax and try to go with the flow... but not so much when they sell 5th wheels to Toyota drivers...:wtf:

Bob was the key for this mission. The poor guy had held some parts for me for way too long and even though I'd stayed in contact, it was getting ridiculous. It would have been cheaper to ship them, but I really wanted to get to visit him and Gary... and I missed Jer at Carlisle last year. Then I figured I'd pop in and inspect Zac's new digs... My thank to everyone... planning in advance is, obviously, not something I do well.
Not to offend any members here, but the Quebec drivers are to us what the Hispanics are to you
51PDgzIhQAL._SX425_.jpg

Jeff it was a pleasant surprise having you drop by the other day. Thank you for thinking of us on your way back home. Sorry nothing exciting was happening, but there’s always next time! Glad you got to make the trip up. Always a good time getting to meet members!

Don’t forget to shoot me those pics of the bus. I’ll forward them onto my buddy, and see if he’s interested in it

Jeff it was a pleasant surprise having you drop by the other day. Thank you for thinking of us on your way back home. Sorry nothing exciting was happening, but there’s always next time! Glad you got to make the trip up. Always a good time getting to meet members!

Don’t forget to shoot me those pics of the bus. I’ll forward them onto my buddy, and see if he’s interested in it
You gave me a much needed break from the drive... and a cool down beer to help my brain register the drive had paused. I cannot thank you enough for that. The bonus of checking out the new place and all that working space I am so jealous of, I would have made the drive just for that. I wish I didn't have myself so buried in my to do list, I'd love to spend more time up there... "helping" in your new shop.

Back