Happy new member

Jay D

Reaction score
IMG_3023.JPG
IMG_3019.JPG
Thank you all for having me. I am so excited to have a reason to join. On Saturday I was finally able to purchase my 1970 Chrysler Newport from one of my best friends. He can't remember exactly when he got it but it was probably around 8 years ago off ebay. He drove to South Dakota and even though it had been in storage for a number of years, he hopped in it and drove it back to Ohio! Quite a journey to say the least. I saw it soon after he got it home and realized that I spent my first years in a two door Newport. My dad bought one in 69 or 70 and I rode from Ohio to California in it when I was 3. This car was very solid with little to no rust. He had it painted, put Magnum 500s on, and upgraded to a 4 barrel with dual exhaust. It is a great driver with some dings and typical wear but to me it is beautiful. I have owned over 30 cars from all of the big 3 but this is by far my favorite. Sorry to be so winded but I'm excited. Thank you again. I will work on better pics.

Thats a nice car. I always like me a Newport. I would like a 67 personally but that will wait...

Welcome, That is beautiful! No vinyl, console, green with a white interior, you couldn't have asked for a finer C!

Nice car, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Hello from Minnesota.thats an awesome looking car, and cool you were able to get it from your friend. Have fun cruising in that yacht!

I owned a 1970 Newport Custom for some 30 years and it was my daily driver for about half of those years. One of the nicest cars I ever had - super smooth and silent and really reliable too. Yours is more sporty with buckets and console, so enjoy to the fullest! I understand your enthusiasm!

Thank you all for the welcome and the compliments. I tried my best to talk him into keeping it. He and his wife and me and mine cruised this car all over and went to a couple shows when he owned it. We had great times with plenty of room in the back seat. It will run all day without any problems. He insisted on selling and kept lowering price. I couldn't watch it go away. For me it was a once in a life find like the one I grew up in but with no vinyl top and a console shifter. We have never seen another optioned that way. Strangely optioned original 383 2 barrel, hardtop, 3.23 sure grip 'think that's what it's called', white buckets, with console shift. Pretty much my dream ride short of 440 4 speed and I don't think 4 speed was an option.

Back