For Sale Headlight relay kit..ePay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

68blackbird

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not trying to compete with anyone, I have NO affiliation with this seller other than buying it and saw very good results. Took about 10 minutes to install.. My only "complaint" would be that the harness is about 6-8" short, the loom kinda just hangs behind the grill instead of laying down in valance, but a minor detail versus the brighter headlights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-He...-H4-/281203172818?hash=item417903e5d2&vxp=mtr

I like it!! Thank you!!!

Anyone that ever wants to change to an HID conversion, this includes a relay harness with it. Just giving options. Not trying to hi-jack the thread.

http://www.vvme.com/search-result?m...on_7=-1&option_1=38&option_30=-1&option_31=-1

This is comparison pics, before and after, on my SUV. I went with 5000K. White, with NO hint of blue!
(These are actual pics, of my SUV. Bulbs were Sylvania silver star ultras, they were $56 for the pair. The second pic is of the HID conversion. 5000K temperature. They are extremely white, but no blue tint. I hate blue headlights.) It is literally like night and day. The bulbs are 35w lows, and 55w high. They are 100% legal.. At least in PA, WV AND Ohio.

image_1428216189713.jpg

image_1428216235208.jpg

Last edited:
Stan... You can buy them in America. Only problem is, they were made in China, and you will just pay 4 to 5 times as much, for the same thing. Didn't see the point.

Also, those headlights, have helped me not wipe out Bambi, at least 50 times. Haha

You know... It's a really simple conversion. Why you would buy a "kit" to do it is beyond me.

I bought two Tyco/Bosch relays with sockets on Ebay for less than $15. I had to rewrap the harness anyway so I cut the wires from the switch, wired in the relays with a circuit breaker and #12 wire up to the headlights. Ground wires to the headlights were also upgraded to #12. The relays and breaker are mounted under the cruise control bracket (so it's kinda steathy) and the wires to the headlights are all wrapped in the proper non adhesive tape. Wire has gotten expensive, and I used the same colors as Chrysler did (because I'm that anal) but still I'm cheaper than the store bought stuff and I'm using real Tyco/Bosch relays.

Yep, those kits are out there. I can buy those same kits for $4 from the source. I can make $35 doing nothing or use better products and craftsmanship. I choose to build them instead. One relay I use in my kit cost more than the entire kit that I can by from a chinese supplier. My relay is the same as BMW/Porsche/VW/Audi use in their cars. There are some design issues with these kits that are addressed in my product.

My kits are vehicle specific. I don't build one kit to fit every car. They are tailored to cleanly fit whichever model vehicle you have. I custom build every harness to the buyers desired mounting location or wire length specifications. Wish to mount relays on the yoke instead of under the battery tray, not an issue here! You won't end up with a wires too short using my product. Buyers routinely measure out the wire runs and I custom tailor the kit to fit as desired.

Every kit I build is tested prior to shipping for proper function.

The chinese units have one fuse in the circuit, that's not the best approach. What if the lights have an issue and the fuse pops, what are you going to do? Having a redundant fuse circuit is a better approach. Your low beams go out, at least with my kit, you can likely switch to high beams and get stopped.

Where are you going to pull power for the unit? That's a huge consideration on a Mopar with an OEM wiring harness.

One thing you never know about these units is the crimping of terminals. I've taken a few of these apart and had many sample headlight plugs for review/inspection. The crimping on my stuff is not hit and miss, it's done right the first time using 12ga wire sizing that minimizes voltage drop. When necessary, I tin wires and terminals for a solid connection. I guarantee, tinning is not something the cheaper kits are doing.

I'm not a fan of the wiring covering, looks out of place IMO. My product hides in an engine compartment much easier retaining a more stock appearance.

If you need technical assistance or after purchase customer care, I'm a PM or phone call away. I've had to troubleshoot with a few customers and most of the time it was nothing more than a missed ground connection or a terminal pushed out of a mounting block. Simple fixes that the cheaper providers may not and most of the time can not provide.

I sell complete plug and play or any iteration of a kit a person would want. Want parts only to do a plug and play, parts + wire, I have all the items to do it. A I mention, if you parts store purchase different colored wire, you'll be into a stand alone about $40+ in wire alone.

I get asked this question a lot and everyone is more than welcome to buy whatever they like. My product is not the least expensive, nor the highest cost, it's middle of the road on price with superior quality and design. There are many cars built all over the world, some are better quality than others and you pay a different price for a Fiat 500 vs a Ferrari 512. My product uses better materials, incorporate superior design features and are proudly MADE IN THE USA unlike the cheaper alternatives. Pick your parts, pay your money.

My product uses better materials, incorporate superior design features and are proudly MADE IN THE USA unlike the cheaper alternatives. Pick your parts, pay your money.

Where are you finding relays that are made in the USA?

Bosch/Tyco relays are made in Portugal. Not many places making wire in the USA anymore either.

Where are you finding relays that are made in the USA?

Bosch/Tyco relays are made in Portugal. Not many places making wire in the USA anymore either.

I make the kit in the USA with my own labor. Not that all products used are USA source manufacturing. Virtually impossible to do in this day and age.

Better materials. I use as much North American sourced materials as I can find. I pay extra to use shrink tube from a Canadian company than the cheaper china sourced product. I use Tyco/Bosch and not the relays I can buy for less than .20/unit from China. Yes, Tyco/Bosch are made in Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back