WANTED Heater/Fan/Defroster control - for 1963 300

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWD Look Fan

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking to buy the heater controls for my 1963 300. Part number 2290089, code 073. Vacuum ports are all sheared off my part.
Looking for a replacement before I try to repair my damaged part.
PM me if you have the part to sell/trade. Thanks.

IMG_20230429_160425_(480_x_315_pixel).jpg
IMG_20230429_160500_(480_x_357_pixel).jpg

Big John,
Thanks for the article. I used it as inspiration, and took a slightly different approach. I drilled out the vacuum ports with a 1/8" bit. I cut the flanges off the pop rivets, yielding little 1/8" tubes. I taped off the inside of the vacuum chamber with a barrier of aluminum tape to keep the epoxy from running into the chamber. The chamber was stuffed with tissue and topped with tape to keep the barrier tape securely in place.
I put the seven "tubes" in their holes and held them in place with tape spanned over their tops. Then I applied JB epoxy as you described in your write up.
The ports are a bit misshapen where I cut them, but I think they will be okay to pull vacuum without leaking.
Thanks for your help. Here are two pictures of my repair.
Chris

heater control inside.jpg

heater control outside.jpg

In case you're wondering, the aluminum tape inside kept the replaced ports from intruding into the vacuum chamber so as not to impede the rubber slide. It really wasn't needed for keeping the epoxy from running into the chamber. I must have had a brain cramp when writing the previous post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back