Heater valve - I guess it still looks stock?

Here's another... Saves you $23. EVERCO WATER VALVE H1949 t284 | eBay

I have used the same valve in my '70 300 and it works well. I did one extra thing... I installed a small shut off valve in the hose to completely block the hot water from circulating. That keeps the AC just a little colder, or at least that's what I hope it does.
Thanks for the link and advice on the shutoff. Bought the valve , and will let u guys know if it solved the issue.

Read a bit more on the topic. And the one i have now from a VW works like most vacuum operated valves -w hen it gets vacuum it closes. That why on the temp bar i have to have the temp set to hot for it to blow cold, and on cold when i want hot air. Also don't have blend. Well i guess the VW wasn't designed to work with a Chrysler ;) The plus side is it doesn't leak, and it's a really small and sleek design. Kinda surprised it survived the baking heat in the engine compartment - really hot in the summers!

Got it yesterday :)

20230509_173835.jpg

Just an update - As I stated before, I spent around $400, 3 failed....now 4th this GM one failed too. Well, it didn't really faill. Its not leaking and still works after 6 months, but now it needs more vacuum to open. Maybe my car's vacuum is low at the heater valve? Anyone know how much vacuum is normal at the valve?

4 strikes and I'm out. I'm done with these vacuum valves. I replaced it with a manual one. In Cleveland, the only time I would turn the valve closed is for July thru Sept when I would be using the A/C. If we get a weird cold snap during this time, I'll roll up the window, or stop, raise the hood and turn the valve open. Hopefully, it won't be a big deal.

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 01-45-00 Four Seasons 84706 Manual Shut-off Valve For Select 65-71 Do...png

Just an update - As I stated before, I spent around $400, 3 failed....now 4th this GM one failed too. Well, it didn't really faill. Its not leaking and still works after 6 months, but now it needs more vacuum to open. Maybe my car's vacuum is low at the heater valve? Anyone know how much vacuum is normal at the valve?

4 strikes and I'm out. I'm done with these vacuum valves. I replaced it with a manual one. In Cleveland, the only time I would turn the valve closed is for July thru Sept when I would be using the A/C. If we get a weird cold snap during this time, I'll roll up the window, or stop, raise the hood and turn the valve open. Hopefully, it won't be a big deal.

View attachment 622570
A ball valve would be less likely to fail. Secure this it the inner fender, paint it black.
I have removed a couple of those chrome screw valves, seized up tight and dripping.

IMG_2198.JPG

Agreed, we've used some quarter turn farm valves before as replacements

Back