Hello from a C-Body / General Mopar Freak from Denmark

Hi,

the Mopar Meet is in Orsa near Rättvik (called Mopars at the strip)
More details can be found here:
http://www.orsadragfest.se/program-muscle-car-day-mopars-at-the-strip/

Chrysler 300: The v-top on your 300 had rust bubbles. Like you wrote there will be rustholes underneath. Till a certain point this is to me a "don't touch it roof" because as soon as you rip it off your are deep in a restoration, that you di not want before.

Imperials: I really like the 69-71 Imperials, too.
Here is mine:

058_zps78988ecc.jpg

Carsten

Thanks man.. and I totally agree... and sorry for the bad quality pictures...

No, this one I found here.. in Jutland last year.. (Jutland is the big part of Denmark, while I'm on the island with Copenhagen on it, called Sealand).. I think it has been here since 2004 or 2005..

I had my beautiful low mile 1971 Charger for sale, for a very long time, and no really good offers had come in, (except for a few from ppl who wanted to molest it and tear it up..) but then the 68' turned up, and I drove over there to check it out.. Unfortunately, I had SUCH a bad hangover that particular day, that I was unable to register much.. (if anything at all), so I had to go back.. At that time, the price advertised, was more than I wanted to pay.. even with a huge hangover, so we went back in one car. However, to show my interest, I actually offered him a cash amount that day, that was significantly higher, than the amount I ended up paying. (Thank you hangover)

A few weeks later, the seller changed the add, to.. "Taking offers".. Since then, I had done some calculating myself, and was ready to bid again.. AND, at the same time, a very nice guy, (also from Jutland), came to see my 1971. He came with an offer, which I found to be acceptable, so with that in the back of my mind, I went over there again.. (Long ride, expensive bridge fee..), so I was set on buying.

I offered what I thought was fair, and stuck to it during a few hours of negotiating, (and a steak at a restaurant nearby), and finally, he accepted.

At that point, it had the engine done already.. partly by the guy who originally imported it, and partly by the seller, but both apparently ran out of time, money or energy, so I jumped in and grabbed it, and can now concentrate on making it stick to the road, and brake PERFECT.

That will be done this winter 2014-2015, and I will enjoy in next driving season.. and proceed to make it "pretty" during the winter of 2015-2016.. with fresh paint and interior and maybe also "tone it down" a LITTLE bit, by leading the exhausts out the back, where they belong, and I have an idea about putting on some original HP manifolds, instead of the Hookers that's on there now, and stock HP valve covers.

This car (and 99% of all classic US cars in Denmark), is registered as "a classic", and as such it´s cheaper to register, and supposed to be completely stock.. (giving the term "caught with Hookers" a completely new meaning, ha ha)

I can live with the stock HP headers for sure, as long as I have the car, and can get pulled over, without getting totally F#@X3D financially!

Anybody have any ideas what would happen to the current power output, if i swapped them headers as described, and did the exhaust out back in 3" pipes ?

But yes.. it really is a very beautiful car.. no doubt..

IMG_4864.jpg

OK, it's late as hell here, so I'm off to bed.. Have a great evening guys, and thanks again for the warm welcome, and kind words :)

IMG_4864.jpg

Wow, a surprise-post from Carsten.. with a BEAUTIFUL blue 1970 Imperial Coupe.. and I was on my way to bed.. ha ha, now I can't sleep..!

I have actual dreams, about my driveway.. FULL of all sorts of Mopar cars.. but the two that's always there, is the 68 Charger, and the 70 Imperial coupe..! (And some 70-71 300's)

Must have... must have.. my precious !

I wrote the guy at NGD cars today (The white 70 Imp coupe), offering him to transfer payment, but he did not reply, so I'm beginning to think he sold it.. and I don't dare to call him, as I am afraid to hear that he actually DID sell it. Such a shame that "deal" went as it did..! :-(

I'd better be good to everybody, and faith will throw another one in my lap.. LOADED, and with black buckets :-D

I hope to meet you Carsten, in "Mopar-Orsa" next summer..!

And thanks for the "Do not touch it" explanation.. I know what you mean now.. ans actually, the vinyl on the A-pillars had cracks in them, and water HAD begun to enter the pillars, driprail areas, and through the Dutchman panel, so it had te be fixed, and I couldn't make myself do anything to that original "Citron Gold" paint... :-(

You probably wouldn't notice too much of a difference with the exhaust swap.

Hi Kasper,

I have been a few times to the danish Mopar Meet to.
It was in various locations, always early july.
I have been there 2007,2009 and 2011.
The meeting was always on your part of denmark.
I used to drive to it and continue to Power Meet in Västeras.

My Imperial is actually black and mostly original paint

051_zpsc205ac17.jpg

Carsten

I like your Charger, black & white always talks to me. :)

But triple black is something I can't resist...

Hey Carsten, is the interior of your Imperial black BTW?

If so, could we make a trade of some kind? ;)

yes, it is black and has bucket seats.
I am sorry I would only trade it for a blue SFGT :))

DROOL! I'd love to see your Imp live someday.

I figured you wouldn't trade it unless something real special comes up... Had to try anyway. :icon_lol:

Hey! Welcome to the C-Body asylum. I just finished reading your entire tale of woe, and I gotta say my hat is off to you for hanging in there with so much misfortune. I hope, in the end, that it will all pay off in a car you will treasure and enjoy for a long long time.

You are definitely gonna fit in here. Hell. . . You are already becoming a 'For C-Bodies Only' asset.

Hey Guys :-D

I have been working.. it was.. "unpleasant"!

Thanks detmatt - I am looking forward to hear the sound from stock manifolds, and I hope to find some way to compare the sound from various mufflers, before "composing" the new exhaust. I wonder how much, (if any) of the sound, is formed already in the manifolds.

Carsten.. WOW.. I just realized, that you got "the Imperial of my dreams" :yaayy: A BBB 1970 Coupe is the perfect match for my Imperial quest. If you somehow should want to let it go some day... EVER.. please get my bid in your hat before selling ;-) And sorry abt the "blue thing".. Don't know why, but I thought I saw a Jubilee blue Imperial, reflecting the ground.. but looking again, I clearly see that I was wrong. I could look at that car for hours !!! If only I could find such a beauty to stick my garage, I'd be ecstatic, and probably stay in there for a good long while !! (Maybe this would be a good time to set up a bucket for Furyfinn and me, because I think I'll start drooling too now. ha ha)

And btw, I have three questions: 1. What's a "Blue SFGT" - 2. Where can I buy one of those, and 3. When can we do the swap..? :-D

Amazing that I haven't seen you at the DK Mopar meets.. It must have been the all the meets, where I was NOT attending. If I had met you in the Imp, you would have had to put up the bucket there too.. ha ha
(Black buckets.. mouth watering up again.. damn). I actually have a full set of tan buckets, but they are in HORRIBLE condition. Frames / springs are "Sitting to long in Florida-rusty", the leather is dry and rat-riddled, foam is flat, dry and porous, seat backs dented, all side trim missing, seat track motors non functioning, and the emblem is wrong if pun in an Imperial.. (says "300")... it would probably be very costly to restore them to a good looking black set.
Thanks Ripinator, for the friendly welcome.. and kind wishes for me and "the wreck".. I really feel like a fish in water here, and I am looking forward to share / show the progress of the "wreck", although it might take a while, I AM going to make it run, brake, turn, honk, shine, flash AND roar again.. and who knows, suddenly some paint might land on it woo.. ;-)

I just realized, that I owned the wreck for over 10 years now.. I should have celebrated that somehow!

:bdayparty:

101_0017.jpg

101_0017.jpg

Hi Kasper,

I will keep you in mind in case I decide I want to part with the Imperial.

I have several Mopars. When I was at the danish meets I always came with a Wagon (70 Fury Sport Suburban, 72 Fury Sport Suburban, blue 70 Chrysler Town&Country) as it was a two week trip with other Mopar buddies (including going to Västeras). Thinking about it you might have spoken with my buddy Dan back in 2009 cause I think I remember he telling me later on there was a guy owning a slightly burnt 300 CV.

A SFGT is a 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT (=SFGT). My favorite colour is EB7 dark blue. Preferred without V-roof but with buckets and console. Unfortunatly I have meet someone who has a car that matches exactly my wishes. He became a friend and sometimes I am scared to walk on his nervs according the SFGT. But knowing my "dreamcar" with the correct fender tag is out there doesn't make it easy to buy a substitute and I passed on 7 SFGTs this year.

Here is an interieur shot of my Imp:

Hope to meet you next year somewhere at a show !

Carsten

Sweet jesus Carsten.. Thank you for posting this. It's... it's... amazing! Yes.. please do contact me, if you are EVER selling this car. I will drive down anytime and pay a decent price, and cherish it forever ..!

(Checking out the picture, I had to go and get a glass of water, to keep the excessive drooling from dehydrating my body... ha ha!)

Did you import this beauty, or was it a "German sold car"? Those "sectioned seats" are simply fantastic!

Thanks for decoding the SFGT.. I should have guessed.. and I know how you feel regarding the "dream car", and thus passing up on others.. like I am passing up on the SWE Ivory Imp, knowing yours is just "down there". I think that the Ivory one is a beautiful car, but the "wrong color" and with bench, and also.. in almost to good condition, at least for me to "impose" my ratty tan buckets into it, ha ha.

So, I prefer to wait, and see what turns up. Unfortunately, a very good friend and I, had a WEEK, where I thought i had bought the white one on eBay, so we were already planning the pick-up, and now.. we are looking hard for a substitute car.. maybe I should try to find a one in "ratty" condition, and save that in the meantime.. A lot of these babies needs "C-body love", and that is exactly what I have a lot of, so maybe my friend and I will try to find an American classic car-swap/sale event in January.. and hope to get SUPER lucky, and pick one up there.. with a subsequent road trip through Vegas, (where stuff that happens, stays) :eusa_whistle:

If I find one ratty enough, I could replace some "ratty bench", with my "ratty buckets", and maybe start a "rat-barge club" with your buddy who owns the 71-Black Imp I posted in my want ad as an example..! That car is EXTREMELY COOL !

I would enjoy to meet at a car event.. so let's see what the next season brings. Maybe something in Sweden, are you going to Vesteräs? Maybe Furyfinn is going too, and we can meet and argue about who's buying your Imp some sunny day, ha ha?

I will probably be driving the Charger next summer.. I am really looking forward to driving that thing with a solid rear end.. I think that car is a keeper, just like the Imperial would be!

:)

Hi Kasper,

the Imp is a US sold car. It was a Y22 (corporate lease car-executive).
I bought it from a friend in Florida 10 years ago. Then I sold it shortly after because I had to many cars to another friend with the deal to resell it to me if he ever decides to part with it. I had to wait nearly ten years till this spring to buy it back.

I plan to drive to Västeras and Falkenberg in sweden in 2015 and fly in to Orsa/Rättvik.

Carsten

Thanks for the information.. Car is stunning.. I have been looking at the pictures longer than I probably should, ha ha

What kind of A/C is in it ?

I am going to Västerås as well.. I hope to meet you there, and we can have a good sized C-Body talk.. :)

Oh God, the Polish part of your story was painful to read. I'm just curious, where was the Polish restoration shop located (name of the city/town/region/whatever)? Maybe I'll be able to find out more about it.

Oh God, the Polish part of your story was painful to read. I'm just curious, where was the Polish restoration shop located (name of the city/town/region/whatever)? Maybe I'll be able to find out more about it.

Hi Ace

You should not think of my problems regarding the Polish part of the story, as being caused by the polish shops..

I hope not, that I gave that impression in the way I wrote the story, coz although I was FURIOUS with some of the Polish ppl involved at several stages of trying to get the car back, I estimate in hindsight that 90% of my problems were caused by the Danish middle man, and his hopeless financial issues after being conned himself. He never got back on his feet after that, and dragged more and more people into it as he fell.. A really sad story actually.

I am still pretty fond of Polish people, and especially your jazz rock musicians from the early 70'ies.. One has to look a long time to find a better fusion violinist / composer than Michal Urbaniak.. and the list of other fine Polish musicians is long.

That said, the owner of the last garage was a complete @¤% when he packed the cars, and dragged them out from the garage, into the middle of nothing, not informing me even though he had my email address, and not replying to my mails either, for I don't know how long.. and when I finally showed up, he demanded that I paid more for the work, even though I'm pretty sure, that he was also paid by the deceased. (And, he didn't even offer me a Popsicle in return for the many rare parts went missing or broken, even though I brought him fine chocolate as a peace offering. :)

First garage was in Legnica (I forgot his name, Harmala I think it was), and the second was an hour south, in Kamienna Góra.. and I forgot his name.. lovely little town, with country roads good for racing.

I am still friends with some of the Polish family but the communication is still really bad, as I only know the words for "good", "hello", and "keys", it sort of limits the communication... but (almost) everybody was friendly to me when I was there. (Except for the guard dog at the facility, where I picked up the car). For the full duration of the afternoon / evening, while I was there packing the cars, trawling for parts in the fields, that damn dog was barking so fiercely, and ALL the time he was running back to the pole, and then full steam ahead towards me until the chain extended fully, nearly choking him.. and continued to do so with impressive vigor. It was not until after an hour or so, I realized it was not going to break, and relaxed.

Once in a while, some people came out, and shouted at the dog, but as soon as they were gone, he started again.. ha ha

btw, do you know where I can find a 1970 Imperial Coupe ? :-D

Last edited:
First garage was in Legnica (I forgot his name, Harmala I think it was), and the second was an hour south, in Kamienna Góra.. and I forgot his name.. lovely little town, with country roads good for racing.
Thanks, I'll try to dig up some background info.
btw, do you know where I can find a 1970 Imperial Coupe ? :-D
Sorry, can't help you :). I don't know if it's my memory playing tricks on me, but I seem to remember seeing a LOT more C-body for sale ads a few years ago than I do now...

Thanks, I'll try to dig up some background info.

Thanks Ace.. very kind to offer help.. but Harmala and I actually parted as "friends", so no need to waste your valuable time diggin! I'd rather start a cooperation doing chrome in Poland for ppl here in Denmark, (if you happen to have some good connections! ;-)

Thanks again for offering to help.. very kind of you!

:sSig_thanks:

Back