Hello From Central Florida

mousehousemoparman

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Gregg and I live in Lakeland Florida which is 40 miles east of Tampa and 40 miles west of Orlando. I am employed at the Walt Disney World Resort hense the mouse house in my user name. I just found this site so I decided to join. I am not new to the mopar hobby as I have owned many mopars over the last 30 years. I can't believe it has been that long. In that time I have owned only two C-bodies which is shameful because the 65 Fury III is my all time favorite and I have yet to own one. When I was in high school I owned a 67 Fury III 4 door hardtop that I traded off for a 76 Dodge Aspen 2 door slant six car and I owned a 68 Sport Fury that I traded for a 76 Volare 2 door slant six car. Both Fury's had 318 and the F-bodies were a little better on gas and were much newer considering that I made those trades in the early 80's when I was young and foolish but also needed to stretch every dollar as far as I could. I regretted both trades soon after they were done. I had one 70 Challenger that was a bucket of rust and a magnet for the local police department. It had a habit of going around corner sideways and smoking the rear tires. I have had more A-bodies and F-bodies than I can count. I lived in Vermont and Massachusetts where the salt monster had his way with all of my former modes of transportation. I also own a 74 Dodge Charger Rallye that is a 318, 3 spd. std. on the column that I have been told is a one of one. I am waiting for the aftermarket to repop rear quarters so that I can restore that one. I have owned that one for close to 20 years but the northern climate has not been kind to her either. It is amazing that with how far we go in life that sometimes we come full circle. I had thought my days of owning A-bodies was over because they have gotten expensive. As Forrest Gump would say Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates, You Never Know What Your Gonna Get. I was searching for fenders for my 78 Dodge Aspen wagon when I came across a deal on 4 A-bodies that was just to good to pass up. While researching those I found the sister site of For A Bodies Only which led me to the FMJ site and then here. I am hoping to find a C-body or two to add to my collection. When I lived up north I worked many years in dealerships and also salvage yards. I am always glad to share the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences and regret all the mopars and mopar parts that I put in the crusher and some how let slip thru my hands. Gregg

Welcome Mousehaouse. I use to live in Orlando many years ago before the "mouse" invasion.
I have also owned a few A-bodies and my current Sport Fury is my second C. My first car as well as my first Mopar was a '63 slant 6 4dr Dart 270.
How did you like the F-bodies? I have been tempted to look for one (after I finish up work on my Fury and a D-100 Club Cab ( a /6'er)) for a drag car. I have to admit to knowing less about F's than I do C's. I would look forward to your advice in that area.

Again, welcome to both the site and the "C" world. Best of luck in your search and let us know what you find.

Gregg, a big WELCOME from Sebring.
It's pretty lonely down here for us C-body guys.
We have to hook up soon.
-Stan

F-bodies

Welcome Mousehaouse. I use to live in Orlando many years ago before the "mouse" invasion.
I have also owned a few A-bodies and my current Sport Fury is my second C. My first car as well as my first Mopar was a '63 slant 6 4dr Dart 270.
How did you like the F-bodies? I have been tempted to look for one (after I finish up work on my Fury and a D-100 Club Cab ( a /6'er)) for a drag car. I have to admit to knowing less about F's than I do C's. I would look forward to your advice in that area.

Again, welcome to both the site and the "C" world. Best of luck in your search and let us know what you find.
Thanks for the welcome. As far as the F-bodies are concerned I think they are very nice cars that don't get much respect. One can't talk about F-bodies without also talking about the J and M bodies as well. I don't know why Chrysler seperated the F body and the M body because from the C pillar forward they are the same car. The differences between them could be compared to the difference between a Fury and a Monaco. The J body is similar but has its differences in that it was only built as a 2 door coupe. Most of them were equipped with a 2bbl. slant six most commenly referred to as the super six. A lot of them also had a 318 with the same carb that was on the super six. A few 4 bbls. were built and also a few with 360's. In 78 thru 80 there was a sport wagon version of both the Aspen and Volare. It essentially was the R/T or Roadrunner package in a wagon. They are commonly referred to as the Loadrunner are are very sweet but very rare. For 2 door cars there was the R/T and the Roadrunner built from 1976 thru 1980. They also built the Super Coupe and the Richard Petty Kit Car. Both are very rare but not unaffordable yet. For four doors the high light would be any police model. Chrysler built both the Aspen and Volare with police packages as well as the Chrysler LeBaron, Dodge Diplomat and the Plymouth Gran Fury up until their end in 1989. The other notable M-body is the Fifth Ave. and to the best of my knowledge was only built for civilian use. The J-body comprised of the Chrysler Cordoba, Chrysler Imperial, and Dodge Mirada from 1980 to 1983. The drive train on all of these is rock solid as it had been in just about any rear drive mopar. The bodies are rust prone as was the case with just about every rear drive mopar. The big difference with these cars compared to every other rear drive mopar is the positioning of the torsion bars. On these cars the torsion bars are mounted onto the "K" frame and run from side to side rather than front to back. Torsion bar mounts are not rust prone as is the case with the older mopars. Areas of concern on a F J or M body are the front frame rails from the rear "K" frame mount to the under seat area as they tend to rust there. The 76 to early 78 models tended to rust in the inner fender where the hood hinges attach. The rear frame rails tend to rust at the spring shackles live every other rear drive mopar. As they age the Carter carbs and the lean burn systems tend to be troublesome. Everything else on the car is rock solid. If you look for one avoid rusty ones as there is very little available in the aftermarket for replacement sheet metal. They are an easy car to work on and give a good ride with fairly good fuel economy. I currently own four of them in different states of repair. I think one of the best cars Chrysler ever built and unfortunately that got a bad rap from the consumer groups almost from the start. They were built from 1976 to 1989 with little change in all that time. The only other car that comes to mind that had as long a run with little change is the 1990 to 2010-2011 Ford Crown Vic, Mercury Grand Marquis, and the Lincoln Towncar. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions about the F,J, or M body I would be glad to answer. Gregg

Last edited:
Hello

Gregg, a big WELCOME from Sebring.
It's pretty lonely down here for us C-body guys.
We have to hook up soon.
-Stan
Hello Stan; we will have to get together soon. I have yet to make it to Sebring so far and I do want to see the track. I don't have a C-body yet but hope to add one to my fleet in the near future. I have part of the alphabet soup covered. I have a few A-bodies, A pair of B-bodies, A few F-bodies, a pair of M-bodies, and a few that I don't know the model designation, but they are a 1988 Dodge B-350 Maxi-cargo van, A 95 Chrysler Town & Country, and a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country. Nice thing about living in rural Florida, a 6 foot stockade fence and no one cares how many toys I have collected. Gregg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Thanks for the info Mousehouse. BTW, The original dealership my Fury came from when it was new was in Florida. I'll have to check my Certi-card for where but I want to say it was in the south.

Rereading that, that could have been Lakeland Lash trolling.
Hello. Wham bam thank you ma'am in and out goodbye.

Posted via Topify on Android

Welcome Gregg. This is Jason. I sold you the 67 vip door panels in black a few years ago.

Hello everyone. My name is Gregg and I live in Lakeland Florida which is 40 miles east of Tampa and 40 miles west of Orlando. I am employed at the Walt Disney World Resort hense the mouse house in my user name. I just found this site so I decided to join. I am not new to the mopar hobby as I have owned many mopars over the last 30 years. I can't believe it has been that long. In that time I have owned only two C-bodies which is shameful because the 65 Fury III is my all time favorite and I have yet to own one. When I was in high school I owned a 67 Fury III 4 door hardtop that I traded off for a 76 Dodge Aspen 2 door slant six car and I owned a 68 Sport Fury that I traded for a 76 Volare 2 door slant six car. Both Fury's had 318 and the F-bodies were a little better on gas and were much newer considering that I made those trades in the early 80's when I was young and foolish but also needed to stretch every dollar as far as I could. I regretted both trades soon after they were done. I had one 70 Challenger that was a bucket of rust and a magnet for the local police department. It had a habit of going around corner sideways and smoking the rear tires. I have had more A-bodies and F-bodies than I can count. I lived in Vermont and Massachusetts where the salt monster had his way with all of my former modes of transportation. I also own a 74 Dodge Charger Rallye that is a 318, 3 spd. std. on the column that I have been told is a one of one. I am waiting for the aftermarket to repop rear quarters so that I can restore that one. I have owned that one for close to 20 years but the northern climate has not been kind to her either. It is amazing that with how far we go in life that sometimes we come full circle. I had thought my days of owning A-bodies was over because they have gotten expensive. As Forrest Gump would say Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates, You Never Know What Your Gonna Get. I was searching for fenders for my 78 Dodge Aspen wagon when I came across a deal on 4 A-bodies that was just to good to pass up. While researching those I found the sister site of For A Bodies Only which led me to the FMJ site and then here. I am hoping to find a C-body or two to add to my collection. When I lived up north I worked many years in dealerships and also salvage yards. I am always glad to share the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences and regret all the mopars and mopar parts that I put in the crusher and some how let slip thru my hands. Gregg

Back