HELP! In need of a radiator for a '68 Chrysler

Interesting post - I have an original radiator and shroud (used of course) from a 1967 Imperial LeBaron. It came with an engine I purchased. Assume for sake of discussion that it is pressure tested and leak free - what would those be worth? I'm not going to use it but it doesn't make sense to get it tested if it's not going the be worth the cost ... if someone is interested, I will check the PN.
(Imperial guys, correct me if I'm wrong here) @detmatt ??
IIRC, the Imperial rads are 28" wide and harder to come by.

To someone that has a '67 Imperial that needs a '67 rad with the correct number, it's of some some value. Someone with a '68 that's close, it might be a little less, but still some value.

Someone out there wants/needs it. My suggestion is to remember that it's not some 054 numbered A12 radiator, but it's an old Imperial piece that a fair price would make you a friend rather than a lot of money, if you catch my drift.

Interesting post - I have an original radiator and shroud (used of course) from a 1967 Imperial LeBaron. It came with an engine I purchased. Assume for sake of discussion that it is pressure tested and leak free - what would those be worth? I'm not going to use it but it doesn't make sense to get it tested if it's not going the be worth the cost ... if someone is interested, I will check the PN.
A 50 year old original C body radiator is worth something if another 67 C body owner has an original car, wants to keep it all original and happens to need one. No offense to C body owners but the market is somewhat limited. Unless it was for a special limited production car like a BB manual transmission etc (something really rare) a radiator of that era is worth anywhere from $50-$75 to the right guy. If it can be installed as is, it's obviously worth more. Maybe $125-$200? If it's a 26" unit, maybe you would sell it quicker because it could be used by someone that wants a higher capacity?

I agree with Big John and Ccas. I'd much rather get it to someone who needs it than make an extra buck or two. It's amazing what some people think things are worth, ha ha.

I am at that point in life where friends are worth much more that money. I will get the part # and post it in the next few days.

To someone that has a '67 Imperial that needs a '67 rad with the correct number, it's of some some value. Someone with a '68 that's close, it might be a little less, but still some value.

Someone out there wants/needs it. My suggestion is to remember that it's not some 054 numbered A12 radiator, but it's an old Imperial piece that a fair price would make you a friend rather than a lot of money, if you catch my drift.
Yes, the Imperials for at least ‘67/8 are 28” wide and I have at least 3 extra with shrouds here for cheap if anyone needs.

Not aware of any 28" rads in Mopar until like 1971? They should all be 22" or 26" unless there was a super rare 28" version

I have a nice 26” from a ‘66 C body 440 w/air available as a nice core. It only has a slight leak and may be repairable without having to recore it. I’ve pressure tested it and it leaks down but very slowly.

Not aware of any 28" rads in Mopar until like 1971? They should all be 22" or 26" unless there was a super rare 28" version
All Imperials starting in ‘67 have 28”.

Imperials were a different animal. I'm no expert, in fact, surprisingly (to me) I've never owned one, but there are a lot of differences. Wider radiators and larger bolt circle wheels are a couple, but after reading about them, it wouldn't surprise me to find out they used larger bolts on the horns... If you know what I mean.

These were big heavy cars, lots of steel and sound deadening. Some had front and rear A/C units. Big radiators with big fans.

i thik they have the same as the 72 new yorker has . i have a 70 max cool one from a 70 300 they say that fit

the c bodyes r wider the widest ones madec
Imperials were a different animal. I'm no expert, in fact, surprisingly (to me) I've never owned one, but there are a lot of differences. Wider radiators and larger bolt circle wheels are a couple, but after reading about them, it wouldn't surprise me to find out they used larger bolts on the horns... If you know what I mean.

These were big heavy cars, lots of steel and sound deadening. Some had front and rear A/C units. Big radiators with big fans.
this fits yur car Radiator OSC 332 | eBay

1967-1970 Plymouth Fury 7.2 V8 Aluminum 3 Row Champion Radiator & 2-12" Fans | eBay

radator 1970 Plymouth Fury III | eBay

I came across this thread because I myself am looking to buy a radiator for the 68 Newport I'm working on. This car has a 4-speed so I was wondering if there's a radiator available that doesn't have the trans cooler in it. I haven't been able to find one in my searches. Could one of the specialty vendors like ColdCase maybe make me one w/o the cooler?

I guess it's not a huge deal to have it there, but it'd be a cleaner install. I suppose I could plumb the power steering fluid through it to keep that cool, eh?

I came across this thread because I myself am looking to buy a radiator for the 68 Newport I'm working on. This car has a 4-speed so I was wondering if there's a radiator available that doesn't have the trans cooler in it. I haven't been able to find one in my searches. Could one of the specialty vendors like ColdCase maybe make me one w/o the cooler?

I guess it's not a huge deal to have it there, but it'd be a cleaner install. I suppose I could plumb the power steering fluid through it to keep that cool, eh?
While on that particular model we don't have a MT version because of how rare a C-body MT is, we did what the OEM rad mfg's did many times back then. We made aluminum threaded plugs that you screw in the trans cooler holes. It makes the radiator look very clean and quite original looking as well.

Can you describe what the AT cooler actually is? Is it just a metal pipe inside the tank or does it have fins? Just wondering if there's much difference in the cooling efficiency of the radiator with and w/o the AT cooler installed. Not that it'd probably make much difference for me at this point. But future plans for this car is a higher HP engine build. Maybe even a small shot of N2O. Would want to avoid having to purchase another radiator at that point.

Can you describe what the AT cooler actually is? Is it just a metal pipe inside the tank or does it have fins? Just wondering if there's much difference in the cooling efficiency of the radiator with and w/o the AT cooler installed. Not that it'd probably make much difference for me at this point. But future plans for this car is a higher HP engine build. Maybe even a small shot of N2O. Would want to avoid having to purchase another radiator at that point.
The cooler inside the tank takes up less than about a cup of fluid. It's a hollow tube with thin walls that carry the trans fluid. There is literally no measurable cooling difference on a radiator with or without a cooler except of course if the cooler had 250 degree trans fluid running through it. :)

Back