Help with 727 Kickdown Lever

badvs3vil

Reaction score
Hello,

I am changing out my high raise M1 intake for a normal size 4bl intake (link below). My issue is that the owner before me that installed the M1 cut and welded the kickdown lever to fit this new height. I can weld a little and might be able to get it back straight, but I would rather have something that looks nice. The picture below is what it looks like currently. I'm open to just finding that lever (which I cant find anywhere) or replacing all of it. No idea what's the best route to go here. I just want it to look nice and function.

Thoughts?

CHRYSLER Weiand 8008WND Weiand Action Plus Intake Manifolds | Summit Racing

throttle-jpg.jpg

QJ7GFkGu9nM6c8KoaqQFxSyAbMB_s3wZvzDb7N5RRIk9MiYr2o96r6iIx7nnVs37kAD8sQ=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
WOW, just when you think you have seen it all. He probably wound not have had to modify the linkage so bad had he used the Chrysler throttle adaptor. Make sure you install one when you swap it over.
On another note, I am interested in using this manifold on my Newport, please let me know how it works out. Bill

I'll buy that low deck M1 from you if you are selling and you would be willing to ship it to Finland.

About that lever, it shouldn't be hard to cut and weld it back to original shape. Then some some magic with grinding disc and paint and it would be pristine again if you like to tinker.

I'll buy that low deck M1 from you if you are selling and you would be willing to ship it to Finland.

About that lever, it shouldn't be hard to cut and weld it back to original shape. Then some some magic with grinding disc and paint and it would be pristine again if you like to tinker.

Yeah I did plan on selling it just don't really know what its worth just yet. I seen them on eBay for 400-500US. As far as the kickdown lever goes, I did plan on trying to fix the current one, I just wanted to make sure I have an option for a backup if and when I mess it up. :)

Last edited:
Just sell the lever and bracket with the intake and buy the correct parts for a stock height intake.

see how tall that intake is, the stock parts won’t work on it so the next guy will have to figure it out.

Just sell the lever and bracket with the intake and buy the correct parts for a stock height intake.

see how tall that intake is, the stock parts won’t work on it so the next guy will have to figure it out.

If I knew what to buy, I would buy it all right now. I don't know this stuff very well, so its confusing on what I need. Any ideas?

Not to be tacky, but that looks like a lot of universal-fit stuff to me. Not quite plug-n-play by a long shot.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Not to be tacky, but that looks like a lot of universal-fit stuff to me. Not quite plug-n-play by a long shot.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I agree my friend, but I have no idea what to buy and have been asking for some help. So while I figure that out, I might as well buy some cheap stuff and just try to learn it.

The last thing you want to experiment with is the throttle linkage on a torqueflight transmission. You can burn them up quick like that.

If anyone has any recommendations on what I should buy, Ill but it right now.
If you're looking to convert the 727 kickdown linkage to a cable, Mancini sells a kit specifically for that. It's on sale right now too. (disclaimer:I have no experience with this kit.)
Mancini Kickdown Cable/Hardware Kit

Looks like you may also need this:
Mancini Racing Accelerator Cable Mounting Bracket

...and I think this is the throttle cable adapter that @traintech55 said was missing from your setup.
Holley 20-7 Carburetor Throttle Lever Extension

I’ll check my stash. It looks like you just need the 1 piece that’s been modified.

Sure, 10 bucks plus shipping. How fast do you need it?

Back