Helpful tip

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I spent much of the day yesterday in an old junk yard full of old cars. While I was there loading up a wagon I bought a guy from West Virginia came up with two of his buddies. He actually took a few minutes to help me load the old Plymouth. After I had the car secured down on the trailer I headed back into the yard to see what else caught my eye. I was well down into the yard & I could hear the three guys & the yard owner talking but they where out of view but they where in a section that had dozens of old 60’s & some 50’s Caddy’s so I believe the guy drove down to get parts for an old Caddy. Folks don’t be afraid to travel to get your parts. Do your homework before hand. Just look & see what all the guy is selling & if there’s any complaints. Ask for pics but don’t expect the seller to crawl all over every inch of the car. His time is valuable too. If you see something grab your buds, some tools & cash & hit the road. I have people come by my shop fairly regular. Sometimes they prepay & I have the parts pulled & ready for them so a quick turn around & they’re back on the road home. Sometimes the price they want to pay means they get to pull it. Often I’ll sell something then a few days later I’ll get a msg asking if I still have it. When I tell them it’s sold they often say man I’ve been looking that for 3 years. Are you sure because I’ve had it on a dozen sites for several months. So hit the road make it a fun trip & get your parts so your project won’t stall.

Last edited:
You are so correct on this one. I have made a number of trips to different yards, Murray Park, (about 250 miles from my house),one of them.

willing to give the location of this junkyard?...i'm in NC too...

Back