Hi there, it's "Brownbuick" again.

brownbuick

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm Andy. Yesterday 65sporty reminded me that I should stop by here and say "hello." I've posted on the Drydock forum in the past, but it's been quite a few years. Life got tough for a while, as it does for us all, but I'm making an effort to get back to enjoying my old cars. I've never owned a modern car (though the wife has a Camry), and in years past it was just a matter of being poor. Time goes on and I've decided I need to take some pride in being a guy who keeps himself in transportation by repairing old junk with hand tools. I'm a former body shop owner and former parts salesman who now works full-time as an artist, and in talking to younger artists, especially in other countries, I've realized that having these things and working on them really should be something to enjoy and be proud of- not everyone does it anymore, even though it seemed common when I was a kid in the '80s. So, time to turn some wrenches again before I wimp out and buy some disposable plastic bubblecar from a dealership.

Apologies to 65sporty, as I don't have much for good photos of my stuff right now. But the current fleet includes my shaggy '71 Riviera that I drive daily, a '72 Fury sedan with factory 440, a '74 Power Wagon, and my wife has a '72 Fury wagon that should be getting a 408 next week. I also have, err... an '83 AMC Eagle SX/4 hatchback with the front clip, dash, and wiring from a '75 Hornet. My intention was to build myself an AWD 5-speed 6-cylinder commuter car, then I started working from home- so it sits unfinished. I also have a '71 Fury two-door that's advertised here for sale, and a '72 Fury two-door that'll be for sale soon. I kinda doubt the '71 will find a home, so I'll keep that if it doesn't sell, but the red '72 needs to go to someone else. If I'm going to get these things back in shape I need to thin out my fleet.

Anyway, seems like this place is more positive than I remember from previous experiences I've had on forums. Thanks to everyone for the great welcome!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome to the site enjoy....hang in there...most of us have been down that road at some point...not always about the coin

Welcome! Lots of useful tech here,good stuff. Always liked the 71 72 Riv's true boattails,lost the louvered trunk in 72. i would notice a 72 Riv,as my daily driver is a clean 70 Ford F-250.I would wave and a:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back