Hitler Parade Car to be Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson

I read somewhere that Preston Tucker's personal 1948 Tucker is going to be auctioned at RM Sotheby's in Arizona in January. Talk about a rare car with significance.....

Preston Tucker's personal 1948 Tucker expected to command more than $1M at January auction

1514473558694.jpg

I think 51 Tuckers were built with 47 still in existance.

The amount of existing cars makes it rare but not as rare as a V-code SFGT in example

Mmm... a trolling attempt?, truth is based on facts, is it not?

Somewhat.

As stated earlier, “truth” contains perspective.

It’s obvious by this post “truth” on a topic varies by point of view.

Significant and much less controversial. Not hard to see why the 'big three' were concerned about the new kid on the block.

Not really... the recasting of Preston Tucker as the hero who would save us from Detroit is typical Hollywood anti-captialist fantasy.

It also ignores the fact that even Henry J Kaiser (google him) couldn't make it in a WW2 sellers market. And Kaiser was a genius, not selling floormats to fund vaporware (thus bringing on the SEC).

Btw, i've been behind the wheel (not driven) a Tucker.

Btw, i've been behind the wheel (not driven) a Tucker.[/QUOTE]
You are indeed a very lucky man, I've never even seen a Tucker in the metal.
It's interesting how after WW2, as they say, it was a seller's market and yet some really good car makers went under.

Last edited:
Too bad DeSoto and Imperial brands didn't survive. I was hoping when they started the Challenger revival that Chrysler would of followed through with the metric Imperial prototype they were toying with....

Nearly everyone knows what a Tucker is and what they look like. We are about the only people who know what a SFGT is, or even care about them. A Tucker brought over $2.5M recently. What has a restored SFGT brought? Nowhere near that, guaranteed.

Nearly everyone knows what a Tucker is and what they look like. We are about the only people who know what a SFGT is, or even care about them. A Tucker brought over $2.5M recently. What has a restored SFGT brought? Nowhere near that, guaranteed.

Mostly true Patrick but a few people more than we know what a SFGT is.
But of course way less than people knowing a Tucker.
Even though the amount of people knowing what a Tucker is is decling.
Ask younger generations about it and they will have mostly no clue.

I don't care what a Tucker is worth.
It looks ugly to me.
I don't like any cars buillt before 1955

So if I had a Tucker I would sell it buy a v-code SFGT for 200k$ and have 2.3 M $ left to spent for gasoline to drive it wround the world.

Carsten

I mostly agree with Carsten with the acception of the choice of car to drive around the world in, oh and I’d love to have an early to mid ‘30s hot rod at some point.:D

I like the SFGT's but I would rather drive a manual A/C Formal around the world any day. The best comfort car of all the C's.

The Tuckers fascinate me and the Syracuse connection is strong, with Tucker buying the local Franklin Air Cooled Motors (with roots in the Franklin car) to supply the engines for the Tucker. The Tucker family owned Franklin until 1961.

I was at a local gear factory once and they told me about cleaning house a couple months before... Opened an old box and there was a bunch of gears for the Tucker car. They scrapped them! They also never paid us, but that's another story.

I've loved the Tucker story since I was a kid and read something about it. To my mind it was a story of an everyman (sort of) who managed to build his version of a "better mousetrap"... that was a more common story earlier in automotive history, but few have happened after Tucker.

If they had played out without the SEC interference... they might just be another early 50's Nash, Studebaker, Hudson... it's the history and the legend that makes these cars so valued...

BTW, more young folks I talk to seem to know what a Tucker is than a Duesenberg... not a proper survey, but a disturbing thought to me.

Wow! Land of the Free....Home of the Brave!

Hitler's 1939 Mercedes 770K is going to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson next month. I don't know what to think of it.... Should it be auctioned and sold? Should it be seized and destroyed? Should the government seize it and display at the Smithsonian or the National WWII Museum or the Armor Museum at Ft. Knox, Ky? BTW, I have read in the article that this car could sell for as much as $14 Million dollars. Could buy a shitload of C-Bodies with that amount of money.

The feedback on this should be interesting....

An infamous Mercedes-Benz used by Adolf Hitler to be auctioned in Arizona

View attachment 158106

View attachment 158107

View attachment 158108

Did anyone here see it cross the auction block?

Back