Homeward Bound

LeBaron1973

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
After a delightful 27 days in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois, my journey comes to an end,
and at 7pm tonight Air New Zealand flight 027 departs Chicago bound for Auckland some 16.5 hours away.

As always, I feel like I never left home, the US (and Canada) always have and always will feel like home and I thank everyone for that. Had to laugh at the Gas Station cashier in Waupaca who said "I could listen to you talk all day" lol.

Many thanks to everyone for their good wishes, and the pleasure of spending time with Glenn and Dennis and meeting Mike (Doc McNeedy) and stomping around French Lake Auto Parts following Glenn, who excitedly pointed out cars I'd never seen in person before like Hudson's, Nash's, Fraser's and Kaiser's.

I'll post when I return home to let folks know I made it back safely.

Cheers everyone

Love the place, could move to Waupaca tomorrow, and my friends consider me family now which is great.
Let me know next time you are in Wisconsin. I live in Maryland permanently but I can travel to Wisconsin to see you and the guys and the Mopar's.

Safe travels. Come back anytime. Perhaps we could meet. Carlisle in July comes to mind.
Will.
Perhaps in a couple of years as we need to repay credit cards and pay down our line of credit mortgage. Will also be slowly rebuilding my Chase bank account as it was this which paid for things like food, hotels shopping etc.

Lol, came with 2 cases and am returning with 5 (last one backpack size).

Safe travels. Come back anytime. Perhaps we could meet. Carlisle in July comes to mind.
Will.

July would be an excellent time to visit and go to the best Mopar show on the planet. You would be able to meet the whole FCBO gang at Carlisle. Best Mopar brothers on the planet!

Let me know next time you are in Wisconsin. I live in Maryland permanently but I can travel to Wisconsin to see you and the guys and the Mopar's.
Ok, I will. Was interesting this trip going from San Francisco to Denver to Appleton, will definitely do this again as it's better than Chicago.

Just wish the body scanners were better, it gets tiresome to have a square over the front of my jeans and then a pat down every airport, Apart from what guys are born with (and I'm average in that department) there's nothing to be concerned about, which they soon discover.

Lol

So what the hell did you do in Chicago for a week...?
Not much as I thought money was running out, but walked around looking at the shops in state street, and went to that art gallery showing the Warhol exhibition though I didn't pay the extra to see that.

Arrived here in Auckland around 2 hours ago after the 17hr flight.will be home in Christchurch in approximately 90 mins.

That is one long flight and I thought going to Hong Kong was long from Boston. Glad you had a good trip to the USA.

Glad you enjoyed your time in the states, and that you made it back home safely!

Back