Hood Hinges

Moseman

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, A few months ago Mopar Muscle announced that they had finished their 70 super Bee build. In that article the engine bay caught my eye, and in particular billet hood hinges. Does anyone know if these hinges are available and who makes them? A screen shot of the photo shows these hinges. I am sorry that this isn't any larger. Let me work on it and I may re post the picture.

70 Super Bee Hinges.jpg

How does Stan know all of this? Shee-it! Those will work. A little pricey tho, but when you are buying Bling!

thanks guy,

BTW, it's for show only. Not practical as a substitute.
The hydraulic piston operation changes with air temperature.
When it's 10 degrees out, you'll can eat a sandwich while waiting for the hood to rise.
When it's 95 degrees out, it probably cant support the hood in the raised position.
Give me a spring, thank you.
Besides, how can the same piston work with hoods ranging from Imperials to Darts?
Each piston needs to be sized to the weight of the hood.
It's innovative. Ross will love it.......

How does Stan know all of this? Shee-it! Those will work. A little pricey tho, but when you are buying Bling!

thanks guy,

Being retired and nothing to do allows one to look through multiple search engines and seem like a genius on the forums.....I simply don't have the time so I keep my Superman cape hidden away until I truly need it :eek:ccasion14:

Going to require some heavy duty sheet metal skills, though to mount them properly.
That area is all custom. Definitely not bolt n go...

2nvulqh.jpg

Just cut the piece out of the specified car that the hinge is designed for, weld away.

Alan

Back