Bigmoparjeff's collection of mostly big Mopars

bigmoparjeff

Reaction score
Here's a little detail that I was kind of proud of. I could not find a key cabinet that I liked, so I built one into the wall. The execution is a tad sloppy, but I think the concept was clever.

IMG_5425.JPG

IMG_5426.JPG

The top picture also shows another drawback to a steel frame building. All the wiring has to go inside conduit. It's so much more work to run your wiring vs. tacking Romex onto wood framing. That's why I still haven't installed nearly as many lights as there should be inside the building. It's just a real pain in the but to bend up and install all that conduit.

bigmoparjeff

Reaction score
Back in 2012 I took on a partial restoration of a 1948 Packard convertible, which required a lot of media blasting. I added this piping system to help eliminate moisture in the compressed air. The air comes out of the compressor and goes up, then down, then up, and down again to give it plenty of time to cool down before reaching the water separator (which isn't installed yet in the photos). There's a T on the last drop for a pipe that goes over top of the big door and drops down on the left side to the separator and filter that I use for media blasting and painting. I can blast all day without having any water problems. I just wish I could run a bigger compressor, but I'm limited to only 30 amps due to the long run from the house. There are valves at the bottom of each drop to drain out the condensed water.

compressor.jpg

DSC06027.JPG

DSC06028.JPG

BIGBARNEYCARS

Member at Peace
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Back in 2012 I took on a partial restoration of a 1948 Packard convertible, which required a lot of media blasting. I added this piping system to help eliminate moisture in the compressed air. The air comes out of the compressor and goes up, then down, then up, and down again to give it plenty of time to cool down before reaching the water separator (which isn't installed yet in the photos). There's a T on the last drop for a pipe that goes over top of the big door and drops down on the left side to the separator and filter that I use for media blasting and painting. I can blast all day without having any water problems. I just wish I could run a bigger compressor, but I'm limited to only 30 amps due to the long run from the house. There are valves at the bottom of each drop to drain out the condensed water.

View attachment 160264
View attachment 160265
View attachment 160266
I keep telling myself to NOT COVET THY NEIGHBORZ ***, NOR HIS MANSERVANT, NOR HIZ GARAGE, YES LORD, GOT THE MESSAGE. love Jer

halifaxhops

Retired USAF MSGT (SW) yes navy also.
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Jeff shoot me a message finally have info on the Halifax cop car for you, I know the mechanic that worked on it. Your in box is full. @bigmoparjeff

polarus

Reaction score
And I can't seem to finish the ONE car I have:rolleyes:. Great collection, great thread.

75LandYacht

Yank Tank
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your very impressive story and collection Jeff.. that was some great reading. I would very much like a field trip to your place someday. Just throwing that out there. Lol

bigmoparjeff

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your very impressive story and collection Jeff.. that was some great reading. I would very much like a field trip to your place someday. Just throwing that out there. Lol

Thanks! Visitors are welcome. Since things are jammed in so tight, the ideal time would be when I decide to shuffle things around where many of the cars are parked outside for a few days. I need to do that again, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it. Maybe some time next year.

Jeff

75LandYacht

Yank Tank
Reaction score
Thanks! Visitors are welcome. Since things are jammed in so tight, the ideal time would be when I decide to shuffle things around where many of the cars are parked outside for a few days. I need to do that again, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it. Maybe some time next year.

Jeff
Understood Jeff.. certainly next years since Mother Nature is turning the Cold shoulder soon. I’ll let Pm you later to chat. Thx. John