Hoover Auto Parts? Scam?

Little Pete

Reaction score
Has anyone bought any parts from this website before?

https://www.hooverautoparts.com/index.php

I ordered some bolts a few days ago and haven't heard a word from them? Several emails etc. Guy also has an eBay store.

rob1426 on eBay

It says Idaho Falls, Idaho.

No accusations, yet. Though I can't find any phone number from my research and they are not returning my emails. Would like to at least hear something.

Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.

99.5% on almost 31,000 feedbacks.
"I ordered some bolts a few days ago "
And you ask: Hoover Auto Parts? Scam?
bash.gif

I've had worse communication from some better known sellers in the hobby. It all worked out, I'm sure it will be fine.

give them a little more time. we are talking about a few bolts right?

A few bolts yes, but they are engine bolts keeping my car from driving and ive been at this for months. Nerves are worn thin and very antsy to get out of the garage. Just out of patience and venting.

A few bolts yes, but they are engine bolts keeping my car from driving and ive been at this for months. Nerves are worn thin and very antsy to get out of the garage. Just out of patience and venting.
I thought your original post said you ordered some bolts a few days ago?

Depending on what bolts you need, if not restoration-specific with a correct bolthead, try McMaster.com in the future.

I haven't had any problem with them at all,no communication though

8 negs in the past 12 months, you were smart to test the waters with a (hopefully) small bolt order.

"HORRIBLY SLOW SHIPPING- DO NOT BUY HERE YOU WILL WAIT WEEKS BEFORE YOU GET ITEM!"

I highly recommend this eBay seller and have bought a LOT of stuff from them over the years. They are my go to vendor for bolts, brackets etc. and have never been disappointed with anything that they have sent to me. Sometimes you don't get a tracking number but the stuff you ordered shows up in a reasonable time, 3-5 days in my experience. A lot of stuff is shipped first class without a tracking number so I would not worry. Just check your My eBay purchased items to see if your items are marked as shipped.

They are in the boondocks and I suspect are a ways away from any major mail hub.
And doesn't everyone in Idaho live in a Bunker?

One thing I like about living here in Daytona Beach is we get the mail (or use too) through Jacksonville.
I can remember getting a computer card through eBay back when you could pay with a money order, go to post office buy & mail money order for a weekend win on eBay on Monday AM, card arrives from all the way cross country from Portland Oregon Friday PM.

I have about 25 different items from them off eBay, no problems.
Many of these sellers are one man bands and have day jobs.
All my purchases were received in about a week, I don't even start thinking about it till its been 3 weeks, then I start checking on status.

Alan

Back