Horrible hackjob

Hey cooter,
Did you used to be in Illinois?
There used to be a guy with your username (from a different forum though) that was a Mopar guy, from whom I've bought Dakota and D150 parts from, before

This 68 Fury 2dr post car was brought to me[customer's] to see if I could get it running/driving...As you can see from the pics it was a horrible hack job out of North Carolina. (Yes, it was a shop) Somehow, they thought a SBC was the answer to the /6 auto that was in it....
As you can see, I've completely reworked this travesty. First was to remove the SBC and related "engineering", then remove /6 mounting, and install proper V8 mounts on frame. Now to install full length headers and a mild 440.
Thanks for looking.

View attachment 629380

View attachment 629381

View attachment 629382

View attachment 629383

View attachment 629384

View attachment 629385

View attachment 629386

View attachment 629387

View attachment 629388

View attachment 629389
Are you also upgrading the torsion bas and adding a sway bar?

Are you also upgrading the torsion bas and adding a sway bar?
Well the customer has a sway bar kit but it's not a factory setup and you would have to have a lot of custom-made bracketry to make it work as I think it's GM based. Ask for torsion bars, the customer has decided to stick with the stock 6 cylinder bars for now maybe later as he if he decides he wants the car to handle better.

Finally got the headers reworked to fit better, but still needs a lil more work on passenger side. But mockup is looking promising.

20231202_134730.jpg

Back