How about a derby build thread??

Just got off the phone with someone whom sounded excited to possibly own the car. Fingers crossed. I’ll take a loss if I don’t have to cut up a good body.

I've commented on here before, that there are way too many people joining this site for the enjoyment of our C bodies. I'm sure we are being infiltrated with derby guys in disguise. SAD!

I mean, what are y'all gonna do with a stripped out shell after you part a car our? Stare at it forever knowing it's now a junk shell that can never be fixed again? Let it rot into the ground so no one else can have it? Bring it to junk yard when your done? Some folks take life way to serious wow.

Last edited:
dcx

Skip to the 8hr 40 sec mark. It's the yearly muscle car derby for the san Fillipo syndrome charity. All proceeds are donated to charity have raised over $100k the past 3 years.

Not sure, did K-code have HP ex manifolds?
No they didn't.
There are clues if it's a k code, like the 5th digit on the vin.
Your manifold sure looks like a regular log manifold from here. Also the 350hp carb gives it away.
20221003_132654.jpg
20221003_132742.jpg

Fingers crossed, I have had 5 interested buyers locally and the first one to show will be this Saturday.

I cringe every time the 5 letter D word is brought up concerning C-bodies (especially Imperials) or any other full size car from the 60/70s regardless of condition, but thank you Owen11x for at least offering parts for sale here. Better that someone with a love for these cars have a chance to buy them then not have the opportunity at all. I have zero interest in seeing the destruction of said cars but please don’t let the words or anger of some discourage you from posting stuff here in the future.

Who knows, the next time he does might be something YOU need!

Meh I'll never stop listing parts. I love c bodies as much as the next guy. Im no stranger to restoring cars. I know the struggle of getting parts also why I list everything as cheap as I do.

We do generally tend to be a frugal crowd with limited storage and bank accounts, so of course a few cars and parts are bound to fall through the cracks every now and then. I just don’t understand the hate if someone is willing to offer parts from cars that are typically too far gone to be saved anyway so that other cars may live on.

Owen, you should “tap out” and stop abusing the old people on this forum.

You’ve made your point many, many times.

Good for you, you are a righteous bro for offering parts, you will be blessed.

But your thread is nowhere.

Be safe.

Back